I've never heard a note of Grace Potter's music (but I've seen a lot of photos of her :blink  ). 

LOL same here. 

Might get to see Pere Ubu tomorrow.   (posting today because I probably won't be no a computer tomorrow.)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hideout Block Party!  Mavis and Neko tonight.

Hideout Block Party 2013 Line Up:

Friday September 6

Gates 4:30

5:15 Nude Beach

6:15 Trampled by Turtles

7:30 Mavis Staples

8:45 Neko Case

Saturday September 7

Gates 12:30

1:30 Guitarkestra

2:00 Girl Group

3:00 Jon Langford

4:00 The Both (Aimee Mann and Ted Leo)

5:15 The Walkmen

6:30 Superchunk

7:45 The Hold Steady

9:00 Young the Giant

Me too.  Should be fun. Will Jeff Tweedy show up for Mavis?  Probably not this week with what has been going on with his family.

Saw Robbie Fulks at Laurie's for free last night.

LouieB

Me too.  Should be fun. Will Jeff Tweedy show up for Mavis?  Probably not this week with what has been going on with his family.

Saw Robbie Fulks at Laurie's for free last night.

LouieB

I met some new friends at the JD McPherson show I went to on Monday, and they volunteer every year for one of the charity organizations that benefit from the block party.  They said people have been speculating that he might (though agree, he is probably focused on his family this week.)  At the very least, I hope Neko Case sits in on a song or two with Mavis. Had such a fantastic time last year, and hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.  Have fun at the event, Louie!

Just got home and wanted to report that Mavis whipped the crowd into a frenzy, despite the fact that she was clearly ailing with her new knee, which she has dubbed "the Hideout".  No Jeff Tweedy, however I did spot Spencer Tweedy chatting with a friend during Neko Case's set!  Not quite the same thing, I know.  Just heard about 30 minutes of Neko's set because I needed to catch a train. Trampled by Turtles (whom i'd never heard before) sounded really good too.  More fun tomorrow.

she and her band were in the row directly in front of us at the Wilco show in Concord a couple of years ago. they're tall.

She's much taller and broad across the shoulders than I expected. And she did her entire set barefoot. Then when she came out during theAllmans set for The Weight she was wearing very high heels, she was towering on the stage. She had no problem dancing in those heels.

Lucinda Williams tonight and Emmylou Harris Saturday in Dallas! If there is a better one two punch of female singer songwriters on earth i am not aware! :dancing  Heres hoping Emmylou makes a cameo for Lou's gig. She has the day off before playing College Station tomorrow evening.

gonna see the Bob and David/Mr Show thing tonight.

i hope i laugh a lot.

Any other Mr Show alumni participating in that besides Brian Posehn?

A friend of mine still does the "change for a dollar" mouthsounds when he realizes he's taking too much time to make a decision on something. And he also frequently does the "it's ME!" like FF Woodycooks. So much of that show has remained in the daily language my friends and I use...

Looking forward to the Giving Tree Band playing at Lislefest on Saturday nite!

They're also playing at Melon fest near the mighty Mississippi on the 21st. I'll be attending that one too :)

Looking forward to the Giving Tree Band playing at Lislefest on Saturday nite!

They're also playing at Melon fest near the mighty Mississippi on the 21st. I'll be attending that one too :)

You should totally start sleeping with the band members to get free tix to all the Giving Tree shows you catch. Just a thought.

Good idea but no need........I've only had to pay to see them one time. They play A LOT of free shows 'round these parts.....

gonna see the Bob and David/Mr Show thing tonight.

i hope i laugh a lot.

Saw them read from their new book and do a Q & A at the Brattle. It was hilarious... Even got a book signed by them afterwards. How was the show you went to?