What did you think? I got tix for next month.

Loved it.  Not a great showman is Jay Farrar but he has a hell of a good band and sounded fantastic.  Played a good mix of stuff too.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved it.  Not a great showman is Jay Farrar but he has a hell of a good band and sounded fantastic.  Played a good mix of stuff too.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

I had the same opinion when I saw them last month.  You can't expect Jay to suddenly turn into Eddie Vedder and be high-fiving the front row and climbing up the rafters, but the band is really solid and they have some great tunes in their catalog.  Really enjoyed the show.

I had the same opinion when I saw them last month.  You can't expect Jay to suddenly turn into Eddie Vedder and be high-fiving the front row and climbing up the rafters, but the band is really solid and they have some great tunes in their catalog.  Really enjoyed the show.

I should mention, opening band was "colonel ford" which was just Son Volt without Farrar doing old classic country music (whiskey river for example) and just shredding on their instruments.  Way more enjoyable than I would have expected.  But then again I'm a wannabe guitar player and they are phenomenal musicians.

I had all intentions of seeing Wilco/MMJ/Dylan tonight but another show came up I caouldn't pass up.

Beck acoustic at Le Possun Rouge in NY. Place holds only a few hundred and I really dig Beck acoustic.

Think I would have made choice, too.

Giving Tree this coming Sunday night at Casa Santiago in Yorkville IL, starts at 7, free admitance! Most likely their acoustic set which means lots o' fiddle!

Really taking a shine to these guys and looking forward to catching them out here in a few weeks.....

My wife and kids are seeing Taylor Swift tonight. Notable for the $40 (yes, that is $40) parking fee at Gillette Stadium.   Makes me love Solid Sound all the more - free parking.
Is that standard parking or some VIP bullshit?

btw, Melvins ruled last night. one band that never gets old for me.

Is that standard parking or some VIP bullshit?

btw, Melvins ruled last night. one band that never gets old for me.

Standard parking in the regular Gillette lots. Got an email about logistics (showtime, parking, etc.) that gave a heads up on the parking fee. Glad they did not go in style --> Limo and RV parking = $150. Seriously.

Glad to hear the Melvins ruled. And parking was probably a lot cheaper, too.

damn that's a freaking ripoff...$40 for parking.

parking is always cheaper at The Paradise...except for that one time I parked unknowingly in a tow zone in Brookline. got out of the Wild Flag show only to find a tow truck moving one car, and mine was already gone. that was fun...$40 cab ride to Brookline PD, waited at least an hour for the paper work to come through, then another $60 cab ride to Watertown to get my car. why the hell can't Brookline just use a Brighton or Brookline tow service?

i got home about 3AM.

The most I ever paid for parking was $20 at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte for Clapton, and that was because I was with my father who has bad knees.  This was right up next to the venue.  

$20 is outrageous, $40 is just rape..

Really taking a shine to these guys and looking forward to catching them out here in a few weeks.....

Thats wonderful, I hope you are able to see them work their magic.

They're playing two shows at VeggieFest in a few weeks, I hope to bring some Dutch visitors we'll have in town at the time and indoctrinate them.

These "Dutch visitors" seem to be more like permanent residents of your home now.

Missed the Warren Haynes/Symphony tribute to Garcia last night at Red Rocks and will miss Dylan/Wilco tonight. Can't catch 'em all....

These "Dutch visitors" seem to be more like permanent residents of your home now.

Missed the Warren Haynes/Symphony tribute to Garcia last night at Red Rocks and will miss Dylan/Wilco tonight. Can't catch 'em all....

Oh no, these are a new batch of visitors....one of which has an amazing set of mams.

Theres a write up in todays WSJ about this Symphony tribute thingy.