• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were they?  I have a ticket for Thursday, but am awfully busy at work and watching the Bruins (!) and tired, thinking about just blowing it off.  Unless you have strong words of encouragement to get me motivated.

It was okay - definitely nothing to write home about this time around.

LouieB, in another thread, brought up the word "boring", with regards to the last time he saw Son Volt --- I wouldn't call Friday's concert boring (though Dave Bryson, the drummer, looked incredibly bored and in a desperate need of a hug), but at times it left a lot to be desired - plenty of redundancy in the sound of the tunes ---- Jay sounded great, though and Spencer was both great on the keys and pedal steel.

It was okay - definitely nothing to write home about this time around.

LouieB, in another thread, brought up the word "boring", with regards to the last time he saw Son Volt --- I wouldn't call Friday's concert boring (though Dave Bryson, the drummer, looked incredibly bored and in a desperate need of a hug), but at times it left a lot to be desired - plenty of redundancy in the sound of the tunes ---- Jay sounded great, though and Spencer was both great on the keys and pedal steel.

Thanks for the responses.  I've never found them to be boring live, but the latest release is boring to me.