• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 2 days of the Giving Tree Band at VeggieFest in serene Naperville this weekend! Plus, the meteor shower is heatin' up! Wooo!

How was it?

It was so great. I'm so glad we made the long trek to get there. They sounded really good and everyone (band and crowd) were all really happy. They made a real effort to ROCK so the show had a lot of good energy. I really hope they do some more shows. It was really great to see them on stage again.

It was so great. I'm so glad we made the long trek to get there. They sounded really good and everyone (band and crowd) were all really happy. The made a real effort to ROCK so the show had a lot of good energy. I really hope they do some more shows. It was really great to see them on stage again.

Cool...I will see them one day..hopefully! :guitar

Oh man.  His new LP is just the best.  If you haven't listened to him on Fresh Air, do so.  Well maybe after tonight's show if you don't have time.

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/02/216885758/jason-isbell-locates-his-musical-compass-on-southeastern

Totally agree.  I've been listening to Southeastern repeatedly.  Seeing Jason Isbell in October and can't wait!

Amazing show (Isbell).  After he did "cover me up" the crowd basiclly gave him a very long standing ovation.  The band actually seemed a bit surprised by it.  Pretty cool moment and a testament to the power of that song.

Hideout Block Party!  Mavis and Neko tonight.

Hideout Block Party 2013 Line Up:

Friday September 6
Gates 4:30
5:15 Nude Beach
6:15 Trampled by Turtles
7:30 Mavis Staples
8:45 Neko Case

Saturday September 7
Gates 12:30
1:30 Guitarkestra
2:00 Girl Group
3:00 Jon Langford