Soundgarden tonight, Mudhoney last Friday.

Soundgarden keeps on killing it. Great show last night. Not sure how Cornell can sing 26 song sets night after night with such intensity. They are also great about mixing up the setlist which I appreciate as always!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw them earlier this year but left after i was done shooting the 1st three so i could watch the Pats/Ravens game. that didn't turn out to be such a great idea in hindsight.

I blew off going to see Camper Van and Cracker at the Middle East because of the Pats/Ravens game (a/k/a AFC Championship game).  Would have had a much better time at the Middle East.

i did. i didn't stick around for the whole show (left after "Hunted Down" which I really wanted to hear, but the place was jammed and a good viewing spot was hard to come by when i left the photo pit).

a couple of photos I worked on before i went to sleep last night.

here's the set list (and kudos to them for changing it up a lot from show to show)

p1603728422-3.jpg

and two of Mr Cornell

p1603785850-4.jpg

p1603814890-4.jpg

I blew off going to see Camper Van and Cracker at the Middle East because of the Pats/Ravens game (a/k/a AFC Championship game).  Would have had a much better time at the Middle East.

So how does a Cracker/Camper Van show work, Lowery just hangs out on the stage between equipment changes?

Immergluck and the drummer pull double duty as well.

Huhn. Besides the actual songs, what's the difference between the two bands then? Cool Soundgarden pics, too.

Huhn. Besides the actual songs, what's the difference between the two bands then? Cool Soundgarden pics, too.

I went to the show in Chicago last weekend. The bass players were unique to each band - Saul and Victor. Although I know that that is not always the case and Saul sometimes plays CVB's set and Victor Crackers. They do take a break between bands. David did change shirts. Otherwise, besides the actual songs (which are way different) Johnny is an amazing guitar player which is a major difference from CVB. He's also known to smile - something you don't see in CVB.

Hickman is a much different guitarist than Lisher is. different bass player, too and no violin, though typically everyone gets on stage at the end to crank through Careful w/ That Axe, Eugene. edit - just saw the above post...i actually prefer Greg's playing to Hickman's, which comes off as flash for flash's sake. Greg seems to really fit with the song more.

i vastly prefer CVB to Cracker, but Cracker's got some good songs.

thanks for the props. gotta finish looking at the photos tonight.

Hickman is a much different guitarist than Lisher is. different bass player, too and no violin, though typically everyone gets on stage at the end to crank through Careful w/ That Axe, Eugene. edit - just saw the above post...i actually prefer Greg's playing to Hickman's, which comes off as flash for flash's sake. Greg seems to really fit with the song more.

thanks for the props. gotta finish looking at the photos tonight.

Ha..I always prefered Cracker to CVB...

Re: CVB vs. Cracker, significant difference in the music between the bands to my ears, probably mostly to do with the prominent role of the violin in CVB.  I'm with remphish1 on this, I wouldn't knock seeing CVB in any respect, but I vastly prefer Cracker.  Love Hickman's playing, and I think the Cracker songbook is much stronger.  In fact, I love the Cracker songbook. 

This tour has been coming to Cambridge every January now for several years, didn't see it this year because of the Pats game, so I last saw them in January 2012.  Brought my then 22 year old son and his buddy.  Even though he was much more familiar with the Cracker songs from growing up in my house, he gave his nod to CVB.  

Re: CVB vs. Cracker, significant difference in the music between the bands to my ears, probably mostly to do with the prominent role of the violin in CVB.  I'm with remphish1 on this, I wouldn't knock seeing CVB in any respect, but I vastly prefer Cracker.  Love Hickman's playing, and I think the Cracker songbook is much stronger.  In fact, I love the Cracker songbook. 

This tour has been coming to Cambridge every January now for several years, didn't see it this year because of the Pats game, so I last saw them in January 2012.  Brought my then 22 year old son and his buddy.  Even though he was much more familiar with the Cracker songs from growing up in my house, he gave his nod to CVB.  

Well said...Hickman seals the deal in my mind. I have also saw their January run in NYC 4 years in a row. CVB is stil a great band but I wouldn't be upset if it was just Cracker and if it was just CVB I wouldn't go. I do however like CVB instrumental jigs and they do have some clever songs and are a good live band just not my cup of tea...

Having seen both bands, I agree.

I see.  Well enjoy the show.  I'm looking forward to your post show report.   :thumbup

Review posted in the After the Show section.

Kurt Vile tonight.

Enjoy.  I heard his shows have been amped up lately, more instruments, sounds, not as scaled back as previous tours.  Looking forward to catching him in Asheville in July.  

Enjoy.  I heard his shows have been amped up lately, more instruments, sounds, not as scaled back as previous tours.  Looking forward to catching him in Asheville in July.  

yeah, he had a pretty full band...occasional keyboard player, Steve Gunn came out for a few songs, and real honest to god bass was played on a few songs. fantastic show.

had a bit of a meta-moment afterwards, when i was with Kurt Vile watching Kurt Vile on the Letterman show.

548544_10151681487665992_1156830257_n.jp