• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda hard to believe that Dylan's camp signed off on that. Maybe he's softening up in his old age - he definitely ain't getting any prettier, though.

Maybe it's just because Dylan likes to jerk people around.

Ticket taker when seeing my camera: "I'm sorry. When he got here, he changed his mind." :lol

Oh Bob, you devious genius!

The Black Keys with The Flaming Lips. 

Would rather have it the other way around, but looking forward to both.  Looks like the lips are getting 10-11 songs in as the opener, so that'll do.  Never seen either of them.

Maybe it's just because Dylan likes to jerk people around.

Ticket taker when seeing my camera: "I'm sorry. When he got here, he changed his mind." :lol

Oh Bob, you devious genius!

Were you able to get any pics? Enjoy the show?

Were you able to get any pics? Enjoy the show?

Since Dylan changed his mind I had to take my camera back to the car. I couldn't even use the iPhone for pics because I was sitting right near the stage and there was a small herd of ushers and security right near me.

Review of the show:

http://viachicago.org/topic/48914-bob-dylan-may-2-2013-raleigh-nc-red-hat-amphitheater/

it was a few nights ago, but zz top! went in expecting the same standard setlist from them, but instead got 4 new songs, plus precious & grace, funky dogs/nasty kings, certified blues, and fool for your stockings. nice mix of old and new.

The Breeders and Deerhunter

How the hell did I not know this was happening.  Damnit! 

I've seen the Breeders.  Would rather wait for a Deerhunter headlining show (they aren't even listed on the bill on the Variety Playhouse site.... )

How the hell did I not know this was happening.  Damnit! 

I've seen the Breeders.  Would rather wait for a Deerhunter headlining show (they aren't even listed on the bill on the Variety Playhouse site.... )

They were (very poorly) keeping Deerhunter's opening slot a secret for some reason, but it was finally announced last week after people had figured it out.   They're on the same label, there's a new Deerhunter record, Deerhunter is opening Breeders dates in nearby cities, there's an existing relationship between the two bands, etc., so it isn't surprising to see them share a bill.

I like Deerhunter, but I'm not sure I would go to one of their headlinig shows, so I'm glad to get to see them tonight.