The Besnard Lakes

Elephant Stone

Both bands were good. Its too bad there were only like 20 people in the room at any one time, including members of the two other bands that were playing and their friends. On occasions like this, which seem to happen more frequently of late, it can feel like watching a rehearsal more than a full on performance. I can only imagine the feeling of having to get on stage and perform the *same* songs and playing more out of obligation than desire. I found myself imagining what The Besnard Lakes performance, with the lights and the smoke machines and the tripped out vocals and guitars, would be like if played to a packed house.

We stayed nearly till the end, but it got to be about 1am and my pregnant wife was already falling asleep in her seat tucked away at the back of the room. I had a fun time...but still left wondering.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are broadway dancers / singers 'filled in' or are they actually singing?

Good question, I really don't know, do you?  Broadway shows really aren't my thing, but when I saw Fela!, it seemed that is could have been filled in.  The band was playing live.  I could be wrong.  I really have no idea

Aimee Mann - Union Chapel, one of London's cosiest little venues.

She was there last night too, but it's too early for the internet to ahve any reviews it seems. There are some pictures of her in hotpants and fishnets. Not her best look and not appropriate for church :-)

elvis was in fine form in frigid PA/ Jersey.

172 different songs played over 16 dates so far with 3 shows to go.

Giving strong consideration to Wilkes Barre Monday night!

Got to rename! Live this afternoon! 2pm show Guster performing parachute! They don't play most of these songs live anymore so I am looking forward to it!

How was it? I'm bummed I didn't make it to NYC for those shows. I suppose the sliver lining is that I saved myself a bunch of $$. 

Dont forget, this Sunday night, 12/8 at 7pm, it's The Giving Tree Band playing at their home turf, Casa Santiago in Yorkville IL. Get there early, have dinner and grab a good table for the show. Look for me, I'll be there. Btw, its FREEEEEEEEE!

How was it? I'm bummed I didn't make it to NYC for those shows. I suppose the sliver lining is that I saved myself a bunch of $$. 

Awesome. I acutally saw Guster for the first time back in 1995. it was like being back in 1995 so I enjoyed it alot. I miss the days when they were a three piece.