Wilco - Live On Letterman Webcast - 9/21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded "Born Alone" from Lettermen and showed to some people last night. A female, about 40, said "he's a nice looking guy if he cleans up a little."

Jeff's been shaggy forever. Never bothered me, nor something I thought about. But he DID look a bit ragged....especially for being on a tv show. His hair many times looks like he just woke up after sleeping on a pillow coated in maple syrup. And I can't tell if he's trying to grow a full beard, or just hasn't shaved for 12 days.

Just an observation. If Jeff wants to look like a hobo or a Survivor member, makes no matter to me.

Wilco is the next band set to perform on the Live On Letterman webcast series. You can stream the whole set for free on Sept. 21 at 8PM ET.

More deets:

http://www.glidemaga...an-webcast-921/

Usually bands offer their fans a chance to win tickets, so keep your eyes peeled on the Wilco twitter feed and website.

See you there!

Great set (on wilcoworld site) but Nels is not loud enuff in the mix, as usual!

I recorded "Born Alone" from Lettermen and showed to some people last night. A female, about 40, said "he's a nice looking guy if he cleans up a little."

Jeff's been shaggy forever. Never bothered me, nor something I thought about. But he DID look a bit ragged....especially for being on a tv show. His hair many times looks like he just woke up after sleeping on a pillow coated in maple syrup. And I can't tell if he's trying to grow a full beard, or just hasn't shaved for 12 days.

Just an observation. If Jeff wants to look like a hobo or a Survivor member, makes no matter to me.

I usually don't comment of people's appearance because it seems a bit shallow. But Jeff has really been overdoing the scruffy artist look the last couple of years.

It's not important, and I would never judge an artist or person on that basis, but it is evident.

Having a hard time with the on demand. Keeps saying an ad blocker is prohibiting the program from playing.

I had that problem also (I use an adblocker for FF) and despite disabling it, still couldn't get the stream to play. Chrome to the rescue!

Absolutely brilliant - the new stuff sounds fantastic too. The band sound amazing. Maybe the best Wilco live performance I have seen on TV. Definitely up there with something that was shown on Spanish TV in 2007.

Can't wait to see them in the Northwest next year. Hopefully they'll play Coachella for the first time in ages too. Have my tickets for the first weekend.