Western N. American tour 2012

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/western-north-american-tour-2012-announced/

Ticket details next week but here we go.

January:

19 Denver Fillmore,

21 Tempe Gammage,

22 San Diego Copley Symph. Hall,

24 Hollywood Palladium,

28 San Jose Civic Aud.,

29 SF Warfield,

31 Oakland Fox.

February:

1 Davis Mondavi Ctr.,

3 Eugene Hult Ctr.,

5 Vancouver BC Orpheum,

6 Spokane INB Perf. Arts,

7 Seattle Paramount,

8 Portland Schnitzer,

10 Santa Barbara Arlington Theater.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy occasionally reading people's comments on Facebook when Wilco posts something there. Today, Wilco addressed the complainers and question-asking folks with a comment about "if you go to wilcoworld.net and look at the shows page, you'll find information about things already on the schedule or things that just happened."

Like the people complaining about no shows on the east coast or southeast.

I enjoy occasionally reading people's comments on Facebook when Wilco posts something there. Today, Wilco addressed the complainers and question-asking folks with a comment about "if you go to wilcoworld.net and look at the shows page, you'll find information about things already on the schedule or things that just happened."

Like the people complaining about no shows on the east coast or southeast.

I think it's really amusing to look at the FB comments as well. Whenever "Wilco" posts anything, immediately there's like 100 comments by various people basically begging the band to come to their town/city/country (even when they just have). :lol

But hooray for all you West Coast folks! :cheers

I think it's really amusing to look at the FB comments as well. Whenever "Wilco" posts anything, immediately there's like 100 comments by various people basically begging the band to come to their town/city/country (even when they just have). :lol

But hooray for all you West Coast folks! :cheers

Or the people who live in a state that's getting five shows but bitch because none of them are in their exact town.

The Fox in Oakland is stunning. It just underwent a $90 million dollar renovation, and it now looks and sounds amazing. I've seen about a dozen shows there since the remodel and it's far and away my favorite theater-sized venue in North America.

I've never seen a band hit San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose on the same leg of a tour! I'm gonna try to go to all three.

heck, Davis is only 1-2 hrs away from the Bay Area, depending on where you live. Go for the foursome!

You know, I'm actually a UC Davis alum, and I've never been to that theater which I probably funded somehow. Seriously considering it!

Same here - Go Ags!

Unfortunately I live in southern Ca now, so no Davis trip for me... but I'll hopefully be able to catch the LA & SD shows.

January:

28 San Jose Civic Aud.,

29 SF Warfield,

31 Oakland Fox.

February:

3 Eugene Hult Ctr.,

5 Vancouver BC Orpheum,

6 Spokane INB Perf. Arts,

7 Seattle Paramount,

8 Portland Schnitzer,

First things first, thanks for coming back to the Paramount in Seattle again (a new Paramount roadcase show was just posted from last years).

But, look at this schedule! 3 Bay Area shows in four days. All they have to do is drive north a bit, then cross the bridge for Oakland. Sounds pretty relaxed (same base camp possible).

Now look at a map. From Eugene, up to Vancouver (ok, 2 days for that, but 400+ miles), but then all the way (400 miles) south and east to Spokane the next night , back 280 miles to Seattle the next night, and down 180 miles to Portland the next night? That is a grueling schedule for the road crew, even if the band does fly, which I take it they don't most of the time. How the hell do they get any sleep (the stage crew). That is a brutal schedule

That is a grueling schedule for the road crew, even if the band does fly, which I take it they don't most of the time. How the hell do they get any sleep (the stage crew). That is a brutal schedule

The routing might not always make the most sense, but I don't think it really matters that much to the band/crew. They each have a bus and a driver and they all sleep overnight as they're headed to the next stop. So while the schedule is grueling in some ways, I don't really think getting sleep is the worst of it...

Yeah, and those buses look nice and roomy. I would imagine it's not all the comforts of home, but not quite like a struggling local band in bunk beds or reclining seats.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here ever seen the inside of either the band's or the crew's buses? Care to tell us how they're outfitted?

I think about Jeff's comment on Ashes or maybe Sunken Treasure where he talks about how the bus smells like hell because of all the Amy's frozen burritos they've been eating. It's a good thing they all seem to be such good friends, and maybe their diets are improving!

Looks like Wilco tweeted yesterday that the support act on the West Coast run will be White Denim. I'm not overly familiar with their music, but I'm pretty sure Jeff namechecked their record (or one of their records) in a recent interview.