Western N. American tour 2012

Sure it's that for SF? Only reason I ask is because SJ, Oakland and Davis are all APE presales, and SF is KFOG/Goldenvoice, so thought it might be different...

Yeah, I just checked again and all four dates are listed on the email, which is from APE. But I also just got the KFOG email, and they have the password down as 'tweedy', for SF, SJ, and Oakland.

Just to be safe, I would check the Warfield's Facebook/Twitter.wilco_blast.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Denim is a great band. Kind of hard to peg. I hear a range of styles from the Minutemen to the Allman Bros in their music. I think they are are a fun band, they rock. Not sure if most Wilco fans will enjoy them, but I dig Wilco and White Denim. Glad to see those guys get a shot opening for a band like Wilco.

For the SD show this morning, I was able to get through to ticketmaster immediately, which is nice. But despite my promptness, and believe me, I was refreshing, typing, and clicking as fast as humanely possible, I got stuck with 2 tickets in the last row on the main floor. If the presale had a very limited number of tickets, what happened to all the other tickets? I'm sure ticketmaster's resale site and scalpers who have their own special presales through ticketmaster will be doing very nicely with this event. I know of one scalper who was already selling tickets to this show last week. I'm sure there were others. Fans are getting screwed left and right.

If others are experiencing similar problems with ticketmaster and the presale, please send your concerns to Wilco at hq@wilcoworld.net

For the SD show this morning, I was able to get through to ticketmaster immediately, which is nice. But despite my promptness, and believe me, I was refreshing, typing, and clicking as fast as humanely possible, I got stuck with 2 tickets in the last row on the main floor.......

Same here. For San Diego got thru immediately and got tix just a few rows from the back. Congratulations scalpers I guess.

For the SD show this morning, I was able to get through to ticketmaster immediately, which is nice. But despite my promptness, and believe me, I was refreshing, typing, and clicking as fast as humanely possible, I got stuck with 2 tickets in the last row on the main floor. If the presale had a very limited number of tickets, what happened to all the other tickets? I'm sure ticketmaster's resale site and scalpers who have their own special presales through ticketmaster will be doing very nicely with this event. I know of one scalper who was already selling tickets to this show last week. I'm sure there were others. Fans are getting screwed left and right.

If others are experiencing similar problems with ticketmaster and the presale, please send your concerns to Wilco at hq@wilcoworld.net

Same story here. I got on right at 10 and got 3 tickets in the last section of the balcony area. I wasn't expecting to get great tickets since I skipped the presale, but the back of the balcony? Come on.

For San Diego, I was offered a pair in the Mezz way off to the side at 10:03. I turned 'em down and then there were no pairs available at all. About 10 minutes later, I check again and got a pair on the floor in center left section, row V, so I snagged those. You gotta keep trying, part of the scam is Ticketbastard holds back the better tickets for later and unloads the bad tickets in the first few minutes. This is probably unproven, but widely suspected by folks who buys lots of concert tickets. There is little that Wilco or any other band can do about this practice. This problem is compounded by all the tickets that are held back to be given away in promotions, many of which end up in the hands of scalpers. And then when a venue has season ticket holders, all those tickets are already sold and people who don't want to use them probably offer them up to the scalping website. And then there is the problem of the software programs the scalpers use to get through quicker than the normal folks typing away. There are multiple reasons why you get shitty seats even in the first minute of an on-sale.

Yup, same story for me with SD. Got in a 10 am and best pair was in mezzanine. Kinda bummed. Presale sucked and now mezz. I wish Wilco would play GA only gigs (the house of blues is a couple blocks away in gaslight, why not there??).

I guess i have gotten a little spoiled seeing smaller bands in smaller venues...

Some folks just gotta understand that Wilco is not out to swindle anyone.

Who is saying that?

I think everyone clearly understands that despite their presale being poorly set up, Wilco is not out to swindle anyone and has the best intentions. It is Ticketmaster and the scalpers out to screw us.

For San Diego, I was offered a pair in the Mezz way off to the side at 10:03. I turned 'em down and then there were no pairs available at all. About 10 minutes later, I check again and got a pair on the floor in center left section, row V, so I snagged those. You gotta keep trying, part of the scam is Ticketbastard holds back the better tickets for later and unloads the bad tickets in the first few minutes. This is probably unproven, but widely suspected by folks who buys lots of concert tickets. There is little that Wilco or any other band can do about this practice. This problem is compounded by all the tickets that are held back to be given away in promotions, many of which end up in the hands of scalpers. And then when a venue has season ticket holders, all those tickets are already sold and people who don't want to use them probably offer them up to the scalping website. And then there is the problem of the software programs the scalpers use to get through quicker than the normal folks typing away. There are multiple reasons why you get shitty seats even in the first minute of an on-sale.

Ticketmaster is a weird system indeed... I have definitely on many occasions scored MUCH better seats after refreshing for 30-60 minutes through "no tickets available" or other crappier seats. You gotta figure that a lot of the crappier seats that pop up during those times are just simply fans or scalpers pulling them and then releasing them, and thus, just luck of the draw. But take the Davis show for example, between both my Dad and I in the presale yesterday and today, we got two sets of three seats way in the back. Tried today for about 30 minutes to pull something better and was getting nothing better.... mostly just "no tickets available" screen... but then at about 10:35, pulled 3 together in the 9th row... where the hell did those come from? If they're were in someone's cart, why would they not keep them? Scenarios like these (and numerous other similar experiences on Ticketmaster) make me think that not ALL tickets for that day's sale are made available immediately at 10AM...

• 2 weeks later...
I've never seen a band hit San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose on the same leg of a tour! I'm gonna try to go to all three.

Yeah, I'm a little late to this party :) , and it's not showing up properly on wilcobase for some reason, but 7 years ago this month:

11/13/04: Wilco at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts

11/14/04: Wilco at the Paramount Theater in Oakland

11/15/04: Wilco at the Fillmore in SF

:wave One of the most fun weeks of my life! 2004, though? Where has the time gone?!?

Yeah, I'm a little late to this party :) , and it's not showing up properly on wilcobase for some reason, but 7 years ago this month:

11/13/04: Wilco at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts

11/14/04: Wilco at the Paramount Theater in Oakland

11/15/04: Wilco at the Fillmore in SF

:wave One of the most fun weeks of my life! 2004, though? Where has the time gone?!?

That was some week! (Was it a weekend? I can't remember. Actually, it might have been like a Saturday-Sunday-Monday, now that I think about it.)

The Fillmore poster for those three shows is still one of my most cherished Wilco mementos. Definitely some of my favorite memories in all my years of doing this! :D (Well, except for being dispatched to the Fillmore flagpole at 9 a.m. I kid because I love.)

I believe your recollection is correct, Saturday-Sunday-Monday. Best 3-day weekend ever! And yeah, we got everyone's signature, including Carla B (Night Porter opened that whole West Coast swing :wub), on our Fillmore poster. Framed and proudly displayed. :yes

And one of my least-cherished Wilco memories is meeting up with you guys in LA right after that series of shows and hearing your giddy discussions of everything I missed. :P (Kidding ... mostly.) Luckily, the rest of that week was pretty awesome too! Skylight Books, my birthday, Wiltern, Glenn and JB at Largo, Tempe...

Who is saying that?

I think everyone clearly understands that despite their presale being poorly set up, Wilco is not out to swindle anyone and has the best intentions. It is Ticketmaster and the scalpers out to screw us.

It's out there, friend. It's clear to me that it's only a small percentage of people that understand it's not Wilco. The comments on their FB posts are ridiculous.

Did you see the discussions about the Chicago shows? Yowza...

Thank you!

It's out there, friend. It's clear to me that it's only a small percentage of people that understand it's not Wilco. The comments on their FB posts are ridiculous.

Thank you!

Didn't read the Chicago thread, and don't do the facebook, can only comment on what is in this thread and what is my experience. But who knows, maybe Tweedy's place in the Hamptons needs a little work.

• 3 weeks later...