Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

I figured the announcement of a new album and tour deserved a new thread.

Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First night of the tour was fantastic. I was able to watch the last half of the show on a Facebook stream. 28 songs, 2 hours 45 minutes. The band is sounding awesome. Link for a nice review with setli

Dan Zanes is writing a book about Nebraska.  

Posted Images

I hope he decides to play Greetings and Wild live again like last tour. Still kicking myself for missing those two shows! Yay new tour!

Was at both of those, they were both great, but i don't think he'll be doing the albums thing again, at least not for a while. Specifically at the Wild and Innocent night, he said "For tonight and tonight only"

Was at both of those, they were both great, but i don't think he'll be doing the albums thing again, at least not for a while. Specifically at the Wild and Innocent night, he said "For tonight and tonight only"

jealous!

I got to see

1. Darkness

2. The River

3. Born to Run

4. Born in the USA

I love the Song Estreet Shuffle which I still have yet to hear live. I also keep missing Blinded by the Light and 82nd Street! Hopefully I will at least hear those!

I'm hoping with all of my heart that Brendan O'Brien is not involved in this.

yeah, any word on producer etc.? maybe i should drive past brendan's studio and see whats going on. oh wait, of course, T-Bone Burnett is producing along with Rick Ruben, right? :headbonk

• 2 weeks later...

Springsteen keynote speaker at South by Southwest

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Rock veteran Bruce Springsteen will be the keynote speaker at the 2012 South by Southwest music festival in Texas.

Organizers announced Thursday that The Boss will address participants at a March 15 event at the Austin Convention Center.

Previous keynote speakers include Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Lucinda Williams, Robert Plant, Smokey Robinson and Neil Young.

South by Southwest begins March 9 with interactive and film events. The music festival stars March 13, showcasing more than 2,000 acts from around the world at dozens of stages throughout downtown Austin.

Springsteen and his E Street Band hit the road next year for a worldwide tour.

Maybe I'm just tired, or it's still a bit off, but I am TRYING to get revved up about this...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-finishing-up-new-album-20111207

Bruce Springsteen Finishing Up New Album

Sources: LP hitting shelves early next year, U.S. dates begin in spring

By Andy Greene

December 7, 2011 2:30 PM ET

main.jpg

Bruce Springsteen performs at the 26th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty

After two years of downtime, Bruce Springsteen is roaring back in 2012: According to multiple sources, he is putting the finishing touches on an album that he will release in the first months of the new year. "He's mastering it right now," says Bob Seger, who spoke with Springsteen backstage at Seger's New York show this month. "He's says it's really unusual and that it's the best thing that he's done in years."

To support the album, Springsteen and the E Street Band will embark on a world tour that will extend through most of 2012, starting with a two-month U.S. arena leg in early March, sources say – including a stop in Austin for the South by Southwest music festival, where Springsteen will deliver the keynote address. The U.S. dates will be followed by a European tour of festivals and soccer stadiums that kicks off May 13th in Spain.

The question that hangs over the tour: how Springsteen plans to fill the void left by saxophone player Clarence Clemons, the spiritual heart of the E Street Band, who passed away in June. At Clemons' funeral, Springsteen made it clear that the band would continue: "Clarence doesn't leave the E Street Band when he dies," Springsteen said. "He leaves when we die."

Maybe I'm just tired, or it's still a bit off, but I am TRYING to get revved up about this...

http://www.rollingst...-album-20111207

Bruce Springsteen Finishing Up New Album

Sources: LP hitting shelves early next year, U.S. dates begin in spring

By Andy Greene

December 7, 2011 2:30 PM ET

main.jpg

Bruce Springsteen performs at the 26th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty

After two years of downtime, Bruce Springsteen is roaring back in 2012: According to multiple sources, he is putting the finishing touches on an album that he will release in the first months of the new year. "He's mastering it right now," says Bob Seger, who spoke with Springsteen backstage at Seger's New York show this month. "He's says it's really unusual and that it's the best thing that he's done in years."

To support the album, Springsteen and the E Street Band will embark on a world tour that will extend through most of 2012, starting with a two-month U.S. arena leg in early March, sources say – including a stop in Austin for the South by Southwest music festival, where Springsteen will deliver the keynote address. The U.S. dates will be followed by a European tour of festivals and soccer stadiums that kicks off May 13th in Spain.

The question that hangs over the tour: how Springsteen plans to fill the void left by saxophone player Clarence Clemons, the spiritual heart of the E Street Band, who passed away in June. At Clemons' funeral, Springsteen made it clear that the band would continue: "Clarence doesn't leave the E Street Band when he dies," Springsteen said. "He leaves when we die."

did bruce have plastic surgery?

looking forward to this album. any word on producer yet?

• 1 month later...

Bruce Springsteen's New Album: His 'Angriest' Yet

Bruce Springsteen is gearing up to release a new album with the E Street Band -- his 24th -- and a source tells the Hollywood Reporter it's The Boss' "angriest" yet.

"He gets into economic justice quite a bit," says an earwitness who's heard some of the music. "It's very rock'n'roll. He feels it's the angriest album he's ever made. Bear in mind, though, that [springsteen] wrote and recorded the majority of the album before the Occupy movements started, so he's not just setting headlines to music."

Produced by Ron Aniello ( Patti Scialfa, Jars of Clay), the album, which was recently played for label execs, is described as veering into "unexpected textures -- loops, electronic percussion… an amazing sweep of influences and rhythms, from hip-hop to Irish folk rhythms." The as-yet-untitled effort is said to be "terrific."

I must say this 'rich man in a poor man's shirt' stuff is getting kind of trite.

I must say this 'rich man in a poor man's shirt' stuff is getting kind of trite.

The description makes me think of a Steve Earle album.

I also wonder if this is a solo album, or tracks he did by himself and then added on parts by the band.

Bruce Springsteen Returns With Wild New Album

The disc was produced by Ron Aniello, who has previously worked on albums by Candlebox, Jars of Clay and the last LP by Springsteen's wife, Patti Scialfa. Members of the E Street Band play on the album, along with a variety of outside musicians, including Tom Morello and possibly former Pearl Jam drummer Matt Chamberlain, who has often recorded on Aniello's projects. "It was an experimental effort with a new producer," says Landau. "Bruce and Ron used a wide variety of players to create something that both rocks and is very fresh."

Edited by Analogman

Bruce Springsteen latest single - "We Take Care Of Our Own" from his upcoming album "Wrecking Ball" which is releasing on March 5th.

Lyrics;

I've been knockin' on the door (?????)

I've been lookin' for the map that leads me home

I've been stumblin' on good hearts turned to stone

Those good intentions have gone dry as bone

We take care of our own

We take care of our own

Wherever this flag's flown

We take care of our own

From Chicago to New Orleans

From the muscle to the bone

From the shotgun shack to the superdome