Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should take a poll on here of who is the least respectful, most obnoxious person on the thread.

I will be interested to see how the mods respond to name-calling. Very dignified of you. What a piece of work.

To be fair, you called him a cupcake.

This morning on XM's P.O.T.U.S., the Republicans were still winning. I think it will not sink the President - I am weary of the issue, though.

I am as guilty as anyone on this, but isn't kinda sad that we are talking about who is "winning" this. 4 people died, and we are debating who controls the messaging. Politics thine perspective is lost.

BTW I love XM's POTUS channel. I don't have XM myself but every time I get to drive my dad's car that is the first station I turn to.

To be fair, you called him a cupcake.

I think asshole is just a few steps beyond cupcake in terms of harshness, but okay...maybe we need some ground rules as to what "respector" really means. I'm sure it means different things to different people.

I still think my idea of a poll is a good one....even if the "winner" is me.

We should take a poll on here of who is the least respectful, most obnoxious person on the thread.

I will be interested to see how the mods respond to name-calling. Very dignified of you. What a piece of work.

I've been told to get bent (google that one), and called a cupcake (I assume that is dignified). You were baiting and I willingly took the bait. Until then I've been more than clean and respectful. Just because I disagree with most of what is posted here doesn't mean I am obnoxious does it?

I am as guilty as anyone on this, but isn't kinda sad that we are talking about who is "winning" this. 4 people died, and we are debating who controls the messaging. Politics thine perspective is lost.

BTW I love XM's POTUS channel. I don't have XM myself but every time I get to drive my dad's car that is the first station I turn to.

Hey, I don't like it either, but it's politics and politics is about winning the message at the end of the day.

All I am saying is that this Libya issues isn't going away. When it happen, I actually donated some more money to Obama because I figured he was going to need it. Sure, I was thinking of the 4 who died in the attack, but I also was thinking about the campaign - I was making it into a political issue myself. It's a "big f-ing deal" as the Vice President once said about another issue.

I don't think making the death of 4 Americans into a political hot potato is necessarily right, but again it's politics. Both sides know this.

I think the President's team focused too much attention on the Governors initial response (which was f-ed up in it's own right) and not enough on their own response.

But like I said, President Obama did handle it great last night (with the help of Candy, rightly or wrongly), though.

I feel like this thread does a pretty good job of moderating itself. Though a cupcake asshole like myself would prefer personal attacks to be kept to a minimum, I understand these are very passionate topics. I don't want to limit anyone's ability to defend themselves. Just don't get nasty. Don't carry stuff from this thread into other threads. And please no more dead children pictures.

--Mike

I think asshole is just a few steps beyond cupcake in terms of harshness, but okay...maybe we need some ground rules as to what "respector" really means. I'm sure it means different things to different people.

I still think my idea of a poll is a good one....even if the "winner" is me.

You don't get to grab the high horse here. You posted a non "respector" post and Jules responded with the same. That he went a couple of degrees beyond you doesn't mean that you're clean.

I've been told to get bent (google that one), and called a cupcake (I assume that is dignified). You were baiting and I willingly took the bait. Until then I've been more than clean and respectful. Just because I disagree with most of what is posted here doesn't mean I am obnoxious does it?

A lot of factors add up to you being obnoxious. Principled disagreement isn't one of them, but the way you express your disagreement is often obnoxious.

A lot of factors add up to you being obnoxious. Principled disagreement isn't one of them, but the way you express your disagreement is often obnoxious.

I am versatile!

Instead of watching the pis*ing match, I replaced my back brakes and picked up a load of firewood. I should run for President.

Instead of watching the pis*ing match, I replaced my back brakes and picked up a load of firewood. I should run for President.

It was actually quite entertaining. Not very presidential at times, but good theater.

That he went a couple of degrees beyond you doesn't mean that you're clean.

But I do feel amazingly clean.

I agree with this.

I would much rather be called an asshole than a cupcake.

Wow, we really do see the world in a different way! :lol

I always thought "Suck it up, cupcake" was kind of funny. Isn't from a movie or a commercial? I got it from a friend of mine.

I thought directly calling someone a profanity was against the general rules on this forum, but I don't really care what someone like that says about me. It means nothing.

Apropos of nothing, my boss just returned from lunch where he says he had to break up a fight between two old (70+) ladies who had escalated an argument over the debate into a physical altercation (throwing salt shakers/ketchup bottles, a head lock of some kind).

Wow, we really do see the world in a different way! :lol

I always thought "Suck it up, cupcake" was kind of funny. Isn't from a movie or a commercial? I got it from a friend of mine.

I thought directly calling someone a profanity was against the general rules on this forum, but I don't really care what someone like that says about me. It means nothing.

To me, "cupcake" comes from a much more demeaning, disrespectful place. "Asshole" is so common that it has lost most of its emphasis. Plus, it's usually resorted to after someone has gotten under the other's skin.

Who would win in a cage match....Barry or Willard?

The President would - but the Governor's boys would beat him up afterwards, then Michelle would kick all their asses and Mrs Romney will then ride off on her horse.

Well this is interesting. Apparently pull yourself by your own bootstraps anti federal help received money to help turn Bain Capital around. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It just goes against pretty much everything he has said and preaches. So there is that.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-federal-bailout-that-saved-mitt-romney-20120829#ixzz29ZpDICah

I am versatile!

And that's why you're the man.