• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxi

I was about to yell at you for a second there because I thought this was the most overrated TV show thread. :lol Yes, Taxi was quite awesome. I've been known to burn hours on end watching old Taxi clips on YouTube.

Speaking of which -- Whose Line Is It Anyway. Some shows were hit & miss so it probably doesn't qualify for best show ever... but man, when they hit I'd be in tears.

I thought the ending of St. Elsewhere was brilliant.

Well, after I read what it was about the next day I thought it was brilliant. In real time I didn't quite comprehend it.

Not the best show ever, but the best final episode ever:

Newhart

I laughed my ass off at that final scene. Literally screamed in my living room when the lights went on in the bedroom and there were Suzanne Plachette and Bob lying in bed together on the old set.

Holy shit.

"Go back to sleep, Bob."

I can say that "Monty Python's Flying Circus" has given me as much joy as any show I can think of, & from that same era "SCTV" is way up there too...but...a show as unique & great is "Pushing Daisies"...still hoping it's resurrected via a cable network, or that they do movies or something of that sort to revive it...rumors abound, but nothing has happened yet...

any of you freaks and geeks voters like undeclared at all? i got the impression that one wasnt looked on too fondly but i watched both shows back to back earlier this summer (first time for both) and thought undeclared was a pretty decent semi spin off of freaks and geeks. might be an age thing (i watched it as my college time wound to a close, so there was more than a bit of sentimental attachment going on) that you older folks wouldnt appreciate as much though. freaks and geeks was way better in every way, but undeclared had the same kind of stories/characters/relationships worth giving a shit about, albeit less interesting. probably because of the time setting. the early 80s era, and all the pop culture stuff going on, really made freaks and geeks so good. undeclared didn't really have that going for it but i enjoyed the series quite a bit.

anyway, my votes would be seinfeld, arrested development, fawlty towers and freaks and geeks. simpsons, louie and curb your enthusiasm for shows still on tv.

I loved Undeclared! Too bad it wasn't on the air very long. I haven't seen Freaks & Geeks, at least not yet, but if it's the same style of humor it sounds worth checking out. Might hit a little too close to home about my own school days , though. :P

Honestly, I was a little disappointed in Undeclared. I mean, it was a very good show, but I expected more after Freaks & Geeks. As good as it was (and it was very good), it didn't hold a candle to the first series.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought that short-lived US version of Kath and Kim was hilarious. i hate sitcoms and it was so funny. of course, it got cancelled. as far as best show, The Wire. hard to watch though. obviously Seinfeld. something is 'the best' if it has repeat value. i could watch seinfeld everyday. i remember jerry was on larry king who was out of it. king says, 'so the show got cancelled?' and jerry just let's him have it saying 'it was the greatest sitcom on television!'

loved freaks and geeks. undeclared was fun too.

The Ricky Gervais Show makes me laugh as hard as anything I've ever seen.

Oh man, watched the David Bowie episode on an airplane and felt like an idiot I was laughing so hard.