Hot Stove League 2012-2013!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121204&content_id=40522480&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

No Hamilton for the Red Sox. It'll be Gomes in left, Ellsbury in center, and now Shane Victorino on right. Boston is going for high-energy, self-leaders this offseason. Napoli and David Ross fit that bill as well.

I liked the Napoli signing but I'm not crazy about the Victorino deal.  Seems like a lot of money ...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...the Yankees are doing a background check on Hamilton?

The pictures are online...what the fuck do they think they are going to find.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/michael-young-could-to-accept-trade-to-phillies-today/

Phillies take on Michael Young to play 3B (Damn It!). Young waived his Rangers no-trade clause in exchange for one from Philly. Young also received $1.2MM trade compensation from the Rangers - I suppose to make up the difference in Pa. having income tax while Texas doesn't. The Rangers also have to pay Young $10MM of his $16MM salary. I'm glad the Phillies have a couple of good backup infielders who can play third. I'm sure they'll see plenty of time in the 8th and 9th innings all season.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/michael-young-could-to-accept-trade-to-phillies-today/

Phillies take on Michael Young to play 3B (Damn It!). Young waived his Rangers no-trade clause in exchange for one from Philly. Young also received $1.2MM trade compensation from the Rangers - I suppose to make up the difference in Pa. having income tax while Texas doesn't. The Rangers also have to pay Young $10MM of his $16MM salary. I'm glad the Phillies have a couple of good backup infielders who can play third. I'm sure they'll see plenty of time in the 8th and 9th innings all season.

Young was a great player for a decade for the rangers...but they just don't have a spot for him. He'll be missed, but he is on the decline.

While a part of me if furious at John Daniels for lowballing Josh, another part of me wonders what shoe hasn't dropped  in this saga. JD and the Rangers really didn't seem to want Josh back, and I can't help but wonder what the answer really is.

While a part of me if furious at John Daniels for lowballing Josh, another part of me wonders what shoe hasn't dropped  in this saga. JD and the Rangers really didn't seem to want Josh back, and I can't help but wonder what the answer really is.

On the other hand, Hamilton promised Texas an opportunity to match an offer he intended to sign. Apparently the Rangers weren't afforded that opportunity, and Daniels is not happy about it. If they want to seriously contend in 2013 Texas' best options lay in the trade market, otherwise it's time to play the prospects.

On the other hand, Hamilton promised Texas an opportunity to match an offer he intended to sign. Apparently the Rangers weren't afforded that opportunity, and Daniels is not happy about it. If they want to seriously contend in 2013 Texas' best options lay in the trade market, otherwise it's time to play the prospects.

Hamilton is just a big, dumb, extremely talented kid. Man-child if you will.

He will alternatley thirll the Angels fans and break their hearts.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/blue-jays-dickey-agree-to-extension.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

R.A. Dickey to Toronto deal in place, pending a physical. The Jays are giving Dickey an extension as well.

The Blue Jays are getting serious about winning, maybe for the first time in about 15 years. Makes the AL East really interesting. A few teams in that division are going to be disappointed come September, because they all seem to have hopes of winning now. Out of the Sox, Rays, and Yankees - might 2 of these finish fourth and fifth in the division?

im enjoying thinking about an al east where the yankees could conceivably finish last

i dont think they will, but it's seeming more and more possible lately

Right about now the Rangers are REALLY glad the Astros are going to be in the AL WEST.

because the astros stink?

But both the Angels and the Rangers will play the Astros an equal amount of times.  So it won't play into who wins the division at all.  Rather it could help in the Wild Card race.  See the AL East are gonna beat up on each other, and in the Central, is there a chance that other then the division champ anyone else will make the playoffs?