• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not much point in creating a new thread for this question, so I'll just pose it here: what is your favorite Bowie album?

I'm not counting greatest hits collections like ChangesOne. Just normal releases.

For me, it's Low. Such a cool album. I'm a big Eno fan, and Eno is all over this thing, especially the second half: writing, singing, playing multiple instruments. Love it.

Not much point in creating a new thread for this question, so I'll just pose it here: what is your favorite Bowie album?

There are so many that I love, but Hunky Dory will probably always be my favorite.

Probably Ziggy Stardust, though Hunky Dory and Station to Station are right up there. Low and Heroes too for that matter.

Just got the new one and have not even busted the shrink wrap.  Fave is probably Ziggy but I have always had a soft spot for Aladdin Sane.  I saw him only once on the much maligned Glass spider tour so would love to get another opportunity, although I didn't think it was that bad.  Loved seeing Frampton busting out the Rebel rebel riff.

Ziggy, for me. But I do have a non-ironic soft spot for Let's Dance. 

BTW, anyone else love the Bowie covers on Life Aquatic from Seu Jorge? Too good.

+1 for the covers in Life Aquatic.  Super Duper Awesomeness going on there.

As for albums - I've always really liked Hunky Dory.

The new album's getting better with each listen.

As for my favorite, it'd be a tough choice between Hunky Dory and The Man Who Sold The World (can't believe no one else has mentioned that one!). Ziggy's up there too.

And yes, anthonyc007, I also love the stuff on The Life Aquatic.

Hunky Dory, with Ziggy Stardust not too far behind.

And I have never heard any of the Berlin trilogy (save the couple of radio songs). I really need to remedy that.

No love for Diamond Dogs? I probably like Ziggy the most, but Dogs is pretty damn solid.

I have the following albums, but I don't think I have listened to any of them in a long time. That's about it for me.

Space Oddity (1969)
The Man Who Sold the World (1970)
Hunky Dory (1971)
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
Aladdin Sane (1973)
Diamond Dogs (1974)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Only because we have three free months of Showtime (I literally have never met anyone who has a Showtime subscription) - and I spent a few minutes of going through their On Demand catalogue - I found this:

http://www.sho.com/sho/reality-docs/titles/3396645/david-bowie-five-years#/index

It was an interesting 60 minute documentary. Check it out if you can.

^^^ The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago had an incredible Bowie installation at the end of last year.  Stunning both visually and aurally.