wilco solid sound request thread first night

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunloathe  !

I've been requesting that one on the website for weeks now myself for Solid Sound...as I'm sure you know, it'd be a debut for the band & the last/only song that they've never performed off of "The Whole Love" (though I guess Jeff has done it solo)...

I've been requesting that one on the website for weeks now myself for Solid Sound...as I'm sure you know, it'd be a debut for the band & the last/only song that they've never performed off of "The Whole Love" (though I guess Jeff has done it solo)...

is there a way to lodge requests now? i can't seem to find it...only this:

"This is the first-ever all-request concert by Wilco. It may also be the last. Info on how to request songs coming soon."

is there a way to lodge requests now? i can't seem to find it...only this:

"This is the first-ever all-request concert by Wilco. It may also be the last. Info on how to request songs coming soon."

It's right there on the regular Wilco Shows Page on the Official Website...

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

Solid Sound is the last one on the page...it only allows the usual requests, no crazy covers or "write-in's"- though...they do allow comments (in the "add a note or dedication" section), so I guess you could request a song from the list, & let them know that whatever you chose would be your 2nd choice, & then write-in your true first choice that might not be on the list (including weird covers) in the "add a note or dedication" section...

• 2 weeks later...

Sunloathe ... or any other suggestions for landslide tallys ??

I'm still requesting "Sunloathe" daily on the standard old website link for the Solid Sound show.

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

I'm thinking the one on the Solid Sound website set-up is more for requests of cover songs- hence them asking for the song title & the band who played it.

I'm betting that they are going to learn as many of the requests as possible (which will be fun for the future set lists too) & choose the ones that are the most fun & comfortable for them to attempt...and remember there is still some "in the moment" sort of "stump the band" type of request component they'll be trying out too...

According to the link it says you can only submit one request. I'm not sure how they'll be able to monitor this unless after submitting your request you have to register or something. I haven't done it yet because if they really are going to be able to enforce the one vote rule, I want to make sure of my request.

OK, I've decided, Marquee Moon by Television, for 2 reasons--I think I remember that Jeff once got a guitar lesson from Tom Verlaine as a gift from his wife, and also can you imagine Nels on that solo??

According to the link it says you can only submit one request. I'm not sure how they'll be able to monitor this unless after submitting your request you have to register or something. I haven't done it yet because if they really are going to be able to enforce the one vote rule, I want to make sure of my request. OK, I've decided, Marquee Moon by Television, for 2 reasons--I think I remember that Jeff once got a guitar lesson from Tom Verlaine as a gift from his wife, and also can you imagine Nels on that solo??

Actually the guitar less was from the other guitarist in Television (who I love as much as Veraline) Richard Lloyd...great choice...here's a terrible hint to stuffing the voting box...just go to different computers...a simple trip to the library, or a local college, should work quite nicely...but they'll most likely know...

I don't think they are choosing my the number of votes a song gets, but rather by the songs that will look the most interesting & logistically possible, for them to do...

But again, great choice...

I'll request that they NOT play ITMWLY.  :P

I think the only show they haven't played it was in Auckland. I was shocked to see it omitted. Is there any other song in their catalog that gets played more often?

I think the only show they haven't played it was in Auckland. I was shocked to see it omitted. Is there any other song in their catalog that gets played more often?

Looked it up & the winners are ..."I'm The Man Who Loves You", yes, but at the same level & just slightly ahead actually was "A Shot In The Arm"...think that's the one he dedicates to Sue...which I think is cool, sweet & romantic...and it's a great song that we get to hear Jeff play some lead on, and...the it's usually also played on the Psychedelic swirling Gibson SG :)

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/wilco-23d6982b.html

It's not like I dislike the tune, and it's fine on YHF, but here tis: I've seen these guys 15-20 times since 2002, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I've seen 'em they played the song. EVERY TIME. It wore out its welcome for me about '06.

I already voted Marquee Moon, really hope that one happens.

I also like the Pavement idea, but i have to think there's a better song for them to do than Gold Soundz. I think they'd do a great "Stereo", or maybe "The Hexx"!

I like the Marquis Moon suggestion.

I think they could make this work. Nels would fracking shred on it.

Oddly enough, I did have a music dream last night (usually these dreams find me onstage with a guitar realizing I don't know how to play it and dancing like a combination of James Brown and Bruce Springsteen).

In this dream, I remember Wilco was playing MR. SOUL. by Buffalo Springfield. I think this could be a really nice guitar workout with the boys all pulling some iron.

I already voted Marquee Moon, really hope that one happens.

I also like the Pavement idea, but i have to think there's a better song for them to do than Gold Soundz. I think they'd do a great "Stereo", or maybe "The Hexx"!

there's a ton of good Pavement songs they could do...that one just popped into my head while i was standing in line for Record Store Day so i voted.