wilco solid sound request thread first night

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's gonna learn the sitar before then -- Nels? Pat?

I'd guess Nels, but...any instrument could sub...as suggested a keyboard setting...a Jerry Jones electric sitar...or just play it on guitar...I'd love to hear it, but I don't think it'll be my final choice (just one I'd love to hear, & that crossed my mind), or that they'd choose it even if it was...

My vote was for The Byrds 100 Years From Now. Just so y'all know who to blame if they happen to play it.

Yeah! This would be my pick, too. If they played this kinda rock all night long, I'd be in heaven. Contender for the Stonsiest Wilco recording.

Glad and Sorry - The Faces (played by Golden Smog, of course) would be another wishlist song of mine.

I'm so excited about hearing Wilco do a bunch of covers... the possibilities for fun seem pretty limitless.  Wonder if they'll have taken the time to put a personal spin on any of 'em, or if they'll play basically straight.  I also love the element of surprise involved.  As much as I adore Wilco's music, when you see a show, you usually have an idea that you'll hear at least a few (if not all) of the heavy rotation regulars.  Can't wait!  :badger

I was listening to the radio the other day, a song came on and I was inspired to request it.  I won't post it here because I fear ridicule and am not good with rejection, but I'll certainly lay claim to it if they play it!

Hi all...there is a slim chance I can make Friday of Solid Sound..Intrigued by the all request show. Is everyone getting the vibe that it is going to be all or mostly covers? If that is the case I may skip it and just listen from home later. I was hoping for mostly rare WILCO tracks...figured a fest of all mostly die hard Wilco fans making requets we should get some gems...I threw in my request for message form mid bar in the remote chance I make it!

I'll probably try & sneak a few in, & all Beatles me thinks...today I submitted "And Your Bird Can Sing"

Thinking next might be "It's All Too Much"...then I've kind of narrowed it down to "Julia", "Across The Universe" & "Two Of Us"- which I think I can sneak in on some library computers (it's all in fun & I think they are just looking for whatever seems rightest to them amidst the entries- good fun reading them all I imagine)... I know that Nels put "Paperback Writer" b/w "Rain" in his 5 favorite singles list in that Wilco '09 Tour Book, & I think I'd go for "Rain" from those two (though they are both great), if I was hoping to get one of those in by virtue of knowing that's already a real fave of someone's...

I'll probably try & sneak a few in, & all Beatles me thinks...today I submitted "And Your Bird Can Sing"

Thinking next might be "It's All Too Much"...then I've kind of narrowed it down to "Julia", "Across The Universe" & "Two Of Us"- which I think I can sneak in on some library computers (it's all in fun & I think they are just looking for whatever seems rightest to them amidst the entries- good fun reading them all I imagine)... I know that Nels put "Paperback Writer" b/w "Rain" in his 5 favorite singles list in that Wilco '09 Tour Book, & I think I'd go for "Rain" from those two (though they are both great), if I was hoping to get one of those in by virtue of knowing that's already a real fave of someone's...

Entering into the spirit, I have bought a round Britain travel pass and will visit every public computer in the British Isles over the next month. I'm thinking of asking for Impossible Germany on each.....

Entering into the spirit, I have bought a round Britain travel pass and will visit every public computer in the British Isles over the next month. I'm thinking of asking for Impossible Germany on each.....

Always go for the obscurities!

Hi all...there is a slim chance I can make Friday of Solid Sound..Intrigued by the all request show. Is everyone getting the vibe that it is going to be all or mostly covers? If that is the case I may skip it and just listen from home later. I was hoping for mostly rare WILCO tracks...figured a fest of all mostly die hard Wilco fans making requets we should get some gems...I threw in my request for message form mid bar in the remote chance I make it!

anyone?? :wave

i doubt it's gonna be all covers...that would be a bit strange. but i would think there will be a healthy mix, maybe half?

either way, it'll be a lot of fun.

i like how Wilco is coming up w/ different ideas to promote the festival this year.

Just curious, but why is there so many requests for covers. I would rather have the band play a new spin on a old song from their catalogue then hear the band do a cover. Unless the cover is not a cover but their spin on someone else's song. I guess i'm just not a big fan of what amounts to a full band version of  karaoke.