wilco solid sound request thread first night

Waterloo Sunset would be cool (and I think Glenn even knows who wrote it now!)

I also cast my vote, because otherwise I'd probably forget. But just on the off, off chance that Shake Some Action gets played, I'm taking credit...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterloo Sunset would be cool (and I think Glenn even knows who wrote it now!)

I also cast my vote, because otherwise I'd probably forget. But just on the off, off chance that "Shake Some Action" gets played, I'm taking credit...

Great pick.  Chuck Prophet also does a killer cover of "Shake Some Action".  Maybe he will play it when you see him at Space in Evanston on Friday May 10th.

:guitar

I'm torn. Thank You, Friends is the perfect song for SS but I've seen them do it a couple of times already, and you only get one pick. So maybe one of these...?

We've Been Had

Big Star - Kangaroo

Replacements - I'll Be You

side 2 of Abbey Road

the entire Floor Show from Rocky Horror

Heh heh, if they can nail Broken Arrow they can do ANYTHING!

Great pick.  Chuck Prophet also does a killer cover of "Shake Some Action".  Maybe he will play it when you see him at Space in Evanston on Friday May 10th.

:guitar

Or at the Memorial Opera House in Valparaiso, Ind., (my hometown) on May 11. ;)

I think the only show they haven't played it was in Auckland. I was shocked to see it omitted. Is there any other song in their catalog that gets played more often?

The joke with my Wilco fan friends is that Susan requires he plays it every night  :lol

It's not like I dislike the tune, and it's fine on YHF, but here tis: I've seen these guys 15-20 times since 2002, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I've seen 'em they played the song. EVERY TIME. It wore out its welcome for me about '06.

I know it can be annoying to someone who has seen many shows, but I only saw one Wilco show (Solid Sound will be my second and third) and I love this song so much! When Glenn stands on his drums... is one of the greatest moments of the show, I need to see it again! (Well, don't need to be on Friday... they can play on saturday night :))

Still haven't made my choice yet for my specific Solid Sound Friday night request, but it'll be narrowed down amongst many Beatles possibilities, & probably this week (leading contenders are: "Across The Universe", "Julia", "It's All Too Much", "Here Comes The Sun", "Mother Nature's Son", "And Your Bird Can Sing", "The Word", "Tomorrow Never Knows", "In My Life", "Two Of Us", "Long, Long, Long", "You Never Give Me Your Money", "Blackbird", "Strawberry Fields Forever", "I've Just Seen A Face", "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me & My Monkey", "Rain", "All Things Must Pass", "I've Got A Feeling", "Love You To", "Don't Let Me Down"...and I could go on with other faves, pretty much all day here- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Let It Be", "All You Need Is Love", Paperback Writer", "Nowhere Man"...

Meanwhile...over on the official Wilco website...
Idoubt it's anything more than a mis-posting, wherein someone on the Wilco staff accidentally put down all 3 nights of Solid Sound, with the accompanying "request a song" attachment possibilities, but...they did...and they are all up there...
Of course it would be amazing if they ended up playing all 3 days, but...it does give a chance for anyone to just load up whatever requests...
I'm going for "Sunloathe" for the Friday show, as are others here, as it's currently the lone unplayed live song from their regular album catalog...and it deserves it's debut somewhere special at this point (and I adore the song)...and then requesting some usual faves for the other days...
http://wilcoworld.net/#!/shows/

My vote was for The Byrds 100 Years From Now. Just so y'all know who to blame if they happen to play it.

Glad to see lots of requests for the 'Mats, that would have probably been my next choice.

Also, Any Major Dude  :thumbup

Still haven't made my choice yet for my specific Solid Sound Friday night request, but it'll be narrowed down amongst many Beatles possibilities, & probably this week (leading contenders are: "Across The Universe", "Julia", "It's All Too Much", "Here Comes The Sun", "Mother Nature's Son", "And Your Bird Can Sing", "The Word", "Tomorrow Never Knows", "In My Life", "Two Of Us", "Long, Long, Long", "You Never Give Me Your Money", "Blackbird", "Strawberry Fields Forever", "I've Just Seen A Face", "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me & My Monkey", "Rain", "All Things Must Pass", "I've Got A Feeling", "Love You To", "Don't Let Me Down"...and I could go on with other faves, pretty much all day here- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Let It Be", "All You Need Is Love", Paperback Writer", "Nowhere Man"...

Did you narrow this down yet? I am wondering for a friend.

Still haven't made my choice yet for my specific Solid Sound Friday night request, but it'll be narrowed down amongst many Beatles possibilities, & probably this week (leading contenders are:"Love You To",

So who's gonna learn the sitar before then -- Nels? Pat?