A Song for Lotti

Finally Facing Their Waterloo  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Abba song should Wilco cover at Solid Sound 3?

• Dancing Queen
    • Fernando (perhaps as "Fernanda"?)
    • Waterloo
    • Take a Chance On Me

As you are probably aware, 

"Wilco’s Friday night set at Solid Sound will be comprised exclusively of fan-requested songs, including covers. The band is now taking song submissions and promises to learn 50 of the requested songs."

:)

I think we can all agree (and I know Lotti would!) that we would be missing a golden opportunity if Friday night's set did not include an Abba hit. With a tip of the hat to our beloved Lotti, I offer you this poll so that we can determine which song best suits our Wilco boys. Your vote is essential to this process! After careful deliberation, I have chosen these 4 songs as our best candidates. Vote, and once we have a winner, we can commence the insistent submissions and finally hear Wilco covering Abba. What could be sweeter?

Do it for Lotti! :party

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could hear the distant drums and sounds of bugle calls were coming from afar.

Glenn would be all over those distant drums, but who would they get for bugle? Perhaps multi-instrumentalist Pat Sansone has hidden bugling talents.

Waterloo is my favorite of the choices, though SOS would be given strong write-in consideration.

--Mike

SOS almost made the cut. Just a bit on the sad side. I thought the SSF crowd would be more inclined to bouncy pop. :thumbup

Phish covered Waterloo once, you know. And they're the only band that can give Wilco a run for the title of "America's Greatest Band". Right now the two are running neck and neck. The ONLY way I can make a decision here is for Wilco to play Waterloo, and then I will descend into the MB Musical Dungeon to painstakingly analyze both covers.

C'mon JT. You want Big Red to walk away with the crown by forfeit? Go out there and CRUSH the damn tune.  :P

SOS is my favorite ABBA song so that would be my write-in vote too.

Phish covered Waterloo once, you know. And they're the only band that can give Wilco a run for the title of "America's Greatest Band". Right now the two are running neck and neck.

:blink

You know Lotti's a bit, right?

sounds like someone who may know something. let's keep an eye on this Jules character.

How about re-doing the poll with more choices & links to be able to hear the songs? From the choices it's pretty hard to choose between "Waterloo" & "Take A Chance On Me", & for the record, I'd take both over "S.O.S."- which is great, don't me wrong...but...I can say I love this weird little deep cut (from the "Waterloo") album as much as any track they ever did...
To Lotti, with Luv ;)
"Suzy-Hang-Around"!!

How about re-doing the poll with more choices & links to be able to hear the songs? From the choices it's pretty hard to choose between "Waterloo" & "Take A Chance On Me", & for the record, I'd take both over "S.O.S."- which is great, don't me wrong...but...I can say I love this weird little deep cut (from the "Waterloo") album as much as any track they ever did...

To Lotti, with Luv ;)

"Suzy-Hang-Around"!!

Good tune! Thanks for that.