tweedy solo dates

maybe you knew this already, but here you go.

December 3: Uptown Theater, Kansas City, MO
December 5: Paramount Theatre, Denver, CO
December 6: Kingsbury Hall, Salt Lake City, UT
December 8: Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA
December 10: Mondavi Center, Davis, CA
December 11 & 12: The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
December 13: The Granada Theatre, Santa Barbara, CA
December 15, 16, 18 & 19: Largo at the Coronet, Los Angeles, CA

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you knew this already, but here you go.

December 3: Uptown Theater, Kansas City, MO

December 5: Paramount Theatre, Denver, CO

December 6: Kingsbury Hall, Salt Lake City, UT

December 8: Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA

December 10: Mondavi Center, Davis, CA

December 11 & 12: The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA

December 13: The Granada Theatre, Santa Barbara, CA

December 15, 16, 18 & 19: Largo at the Coronet, Los Angeles, CA

Uh-oh...that's all very Westerly...meaning...I kind of doubt we'll be seeing east coast dates in November, though who knows...the early dates are closer to mid-west & then it moves progressively West...so maybe we'll be seeing some east coast & mid-west dates pop up for November...but my bet is more likely that we'll see those after the new year...but I'm hoping that 4 shows in a row in L.A might mean that he'd consider doing 4 shows in NYC at some point!!! Wonder what will occur in Chicago involving either Jeff solo, or Wilco at year's end, or the start of next year.

Getting to Chicago to the Vic for those two amazing request shows this year is one thing, but these are way beyond my reach (though L.A. in December for 4 shows is an incredible excuse for anyone to attempt anything like that! Nice weather in the Winter & so many different songs to hear over 4 nights...he truly is just the best!!)...so I'll hold out hope that we are getting a run of solo shows & that eventually I'll be going to see multiple dates in at least NYC & Toronto...and more if possible...

I am so conflicted now! If I'm flying all the way out to CA from VA for the Dec. 11 and 12 shows in San Francisco, why would I not add on Davis the night before and beautiful Santa Barbara the night after? But that's 4 nights of Jeff Tweedy in a row. Will he get tired of seeing my mug?? (I don't think I'll get tired of seeing--and hearing--him.) Decisions, decisions. . . .

I am so conflicted now! If I'm flying all the way out to CA from VA for the Dec. 11 and 12 shows in San Francisco, why would I not add on Davis the night before and beautiful Santa Barbara the night after? But that's 4 nights of Jeff Tweedy in a row. Will he get tired of seeing my mug?? (I don't think I'll get tired of seeing--and hearing--him.) Decisions, decisions. . . .

Please, let me encourage to the point of enabling if needed... as IrememberDBoon pointed out the drive in that area will be gorgeous (I adore that part of the country)...and more importantly how can you not? If you are already there, & it takes little effort to double your pleasure, double you fun with an artist who will be varying the setlist plenty, to keep it fresh & surprising pretty much every night...what choice do you have, but to go-go-go-go...

Know thyself...you'll break down sooner or later...make it sooner, so you can get better seats & luxuriating in the excellence of your decision like noswville...N-joy!!

Son of a bitch. I was really hoping for some North East dates...

I wouldn't count us out just yet...there's still November...though my bet would be on some January dates...I could see him repeating something like a dozen or so show in any other given region...never count Chicago out obviously, but NYC too I'd think...and...maybe we'll at least get our first Jeff Tweedy Solo Acoustic Roadcase Shows!! I was wondering if they'd make the Vic shows from this past Spring the first two, but I gotta bet that this run will give us our first ones...in the meantime waiting patiently for them to compile what I'd hope would be two volumes of AmeriacanaramA comps- one of collaborations, & then one of originals (and again, hopefully they'll choose rarely done material that's been on less of the early Roadcase releases).

Largo in LA is a fantastic venue, but it will sell out immediately.  If you're on the fence, decide soon!  As much as I love The Fillmore (and I LOVE The Fillmore), Largo is the perfect place for a Jeff solo show.

Do I have any chance of getting tickets for all 4 shows?

Do I have any chance of getting tickets for all 4 shows?

I think you will be lucky to get a ticket for one.  The Largo holds less than 250 people, some sites I look at said 130 capacity.

My fingers are crossed to get into one!

If I can get the days off I'm doing the same thing.

I think you will be lucky to get a ticket for one.  The Largo holds less than 250 people, some sites I look at said 130 capacity.

Well, we can join forces if you want to go to more than 1 show.  I can get 2 tickets for 1 date and you can get 2 tickets for a different date.

Agreed. I'm a regular visitor to Largo and that place is small. And if you're lucky enough to get through and buy tickets for one night, I'm sure the other nights will be sold out.

No Kidding!  He always stops here or in Eugene or both!  Maybe those excessive chit-chatters at the Crystal Ballroom back in '06 have turned JT sour on the Rose City for good!

That was my exact thought! I think Jeff likes PDX in general. Yes he seemed super annoyed at the Crystal--was that really back in 2006? It's been a long time.  

For a solo show, alternate venue choices are tough. Roseland and Newmark are probably too small? I suppose the Keller or Schnitzer are possible...much bigger than Crystal Ballroom but hey if Andrew Bird can nearly sell-out the Schnitz, so could Jeff.  I would love to hear Jeff sing solo there; the acoustics are so perfect. Although I am a fan of GA.

Didn't take too long. Airline tickets: check. Car reserved: check. There better be some pretty tickets with my name on 'em on Wednesday!

:) ...well good then, all is slightly righter with the world...have a great time!!!

With the official announcement...it looks like this may just be all for the time being...but I'm holding out hope that he might do some more solo swings while the album is being recorded & Wilco is on live hiatus...come on east coast dates!!!