tweedy solo dates

I wouldn't count us out just yet...there's still November...though my bet would be on some January dates...I could see him repeating something like a dozen or so show in any other given region...never count Chicago out obviously, but NYC too I'd think...and...maybe we'll at least get our first Jeff Tweedy Solo Acoustic Roadcase Shows!! I was wondering if they'd make the Vic shows from this past Spring the first two, but I gotta bet that this run will give us our first ones...in the meantime waiting patiently for them to compile what I'd hope would be two volumes of AmeriacanaramA comps- one of collaborations, & then one of originals (and again, hopefully they'll choose rarely done material that's been on less of the early Roadcase releases).

I hope you're right, but I suspect he'll be spending the winter working on the next album.

A solo Roadcase show would be great. Odd that we haven't seen one yet, actually.

Those Largo shows are making me insanely jealous. Such a small room! Should be incredible for those lucky enough to attend (looking at you, Wilco Me).

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Largo shows are making me insanely jealous. Such a small room! Should be incredible for those lucky enough to attend (looking at you, Wilco Me).

I'm pretty jealous about the Largo shows, too. I'm thinking that's where Jeff did the interview with Jeff Garlin, right? But no, I'm doing the Northern California run (Davis>SF>Santa Barbara). That should actually be awesome enough, but 4 nights in a tiny venue make me think he has something special up his sleeve for those Largo shows. Also, his brother-in-law Danny Miller lives in LA.

Hoping for a Southeast (Raleigh / Durham) show announced after the new year. After I moved out here from Texas Jeff played a museum here in Raleigh within the first 2-3 months. I never knew it was happening...I tell my wife I'd kill a hobo if it would allow me to travel back in time to see that show (try not to think about how killing a hobo would alter time/space. I haven't worked it out yet but if it could I would consider it). I stand by my statement.

These words bum me out (in reference to the ACL show): "Note that these will be the last Wilco shows for many months."

I hear ya WRP, I'm hoping the band as a group gets the itch and we some springtime shows (April or May? Is 6 months "many months"?) or maybe maybe another SolidSound where they break out 10 or so new tunes (like they did with The Whole Love).

Tweedy is fun and all, but seeing him solo is like being really hungry, going to a great Mexican restaurant, and then only ordering chips and salsa. Its doable, but a margarita and some fajitas makes it sooooooooo much better.

Tweedy is fun and all, but seeing him solo is like being really hungry, going to a great Mexican restaurant, and then only ordering chips and salsa. Its doable, but a margarita and some fajitas makes it sooooooooo much better.

I can't say I agree with you there, in many ways I enjoy Jeff solo as much if not more then a Wilco show.

Hoping for a Southeast (Raleigh / Durham) show announced after the new year. After I moved out here from Texas Jeff played a museum here in Raleigh within the first 2-3 months. I never knew it was happening...I tell my wife I'd kill a hobo if it would allow me to travel back in time to see that show (try not to think about how killing a hobo would alter time/space. I haven't worked it out yet but if it could I would consider it). I stand by my statement.

Well, Jeff could be mistaken for a homeless person, so just make sure you don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

This made me laugh because in the Raleigh airport the morning after the show, my friend and I were at our gate when Jeff Tweedy walked past. As we jumped up to run after him my friend said, "I expect someone to yell, 'Stop those guys. They're gonna roll that bum!'". Tweedy was quite gracious despite our behaving like idiots. He stopped and gave us maybe 2 minutes, which was far more than we deserved for basically accosting him.

What a night that was! I sat on the ground right in front of him and it was one of the best shows Ive ever seen. I have a pic somewhere.

What a night that was! I sat on the ground right in front of him and it was one of the best shows Ive ever seen. I have a pic somewhere.

What a night and show indeed! IRBD, our paths may have crossed as I also "sat on the ground right in front of him". As Huey Lewis sang, "Small World".

I can't say I agree with you there, in many ways I enjoy Jeff solo as much if not more then a Wilco show.

I'm with you on this.  Love Jeff solo.  I won't miss the Chicago charity shows at the Vic each spring. 

The Largo run should be amazing!  Lucky SoCal peeps!  I hope a DVD will evolve!

Great analogy!  Well, I've never seen a proper JT solo show in a theater and all -- but the solo show on the Sunday of the first Solid Sound just made me cranky and itchy for more Wilco.

These are my sour grapes for all you out West people (plus Diane!) who get to go in December.  Wanhh! :crybaby

I'm pretty jealous about the Largo shows, too. I'm thinking that's where Jeff did the interview with Jeff Garlin, right? But no, I'm doing the Northern California run (Davis>SF>Santa Barbara). That should actually be awesome enough, but 4 nights in a tiny venue make me think he has something special up his sleeve for those Largo shows. Also, his brother-in-law Danny Miller lives in LA.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were going to the L.A. shows. I was confusing your post with others. I'm still jealous, though :)

Great analogy!  Well, I've never seen a proper JT solo show in a theater and all -- but the solo show on the Sunday of the first Solid Sound just made me cranky and itchy for more Wilco.

WOW, I don't know what show you were at, but the Jeff show to close the first Solid Sound is probably my all time favorite Wilco related show ever and this is coming from someone who actually saw Uncle Tupelo.

WOW, I don't know what show you were at...

The same one you were, apparently.

The first year of SS, Wilco played only on Saturday night, and I just needed more.  Don't get me wrong -- I loved hearing Jeff sing on Sunday afternoon, but I didn't get the full dose of Wilco I'd wanted.  When they changed the lineup to headline Friday and Saturday nights the following year, that definitely scratched the itch.

The same one you were, apparently.

The first year of SS, Wilco played only on Saturday night, and I just needed more.  Don't get me wrong -- I loved hearing Jeff sing on Sunday afternoon, but I didn't get the full dose of Wilco I'd wanted.  When they changed the lineup to headline Friday and Saturday nights the following year, that definitely scratched the itch.

We agree there, two nights of Wilco are required, but Jeff should be closing Sunday night, nothing against Levon or MMW but it's just not the same.  The Jeff set from Solid Sound 1 has been (for me at least) the highlight of all Solid Sounds so far.

Uh oh. They're selling out?  Was gonna try for Denver maybe in a week or 2.

The way I understand it, the pre-sales sell out quickly, but it's only a small portion of seats in the venue. The on-sale is Friday. I don't know how the tickets move after that. My wife and I just like to get stuff in the pre-sales to make sure that we have seats. In KC we are Row A, seats 10-11 in orchestra center. Was able to grab 2 for Denver as well. In Denver we also are orchestra center, Row H, seats 6-7. 

Crap. I was online with two browser windows open, there the instant sales unlocked, and was completely shut out of Denver. Never had that happen for a Wilco show.

And double crap. About 10 minutes after the hour, I check again and this time it allows me to choose seats again. I'm given the option of 2 in the center, but when I try to add them, I get a "We couldn't find that many tickets" message, and even though it says can add up to 4 in R or L, I get the same error. Same error with singles.

Really frustrated with the way this is working.