tweedy solo dates

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night 2 at the Fillmore showed "presale has ended" within about 45 seconds.  I was able to keep clicking on Night 1, but kept getting the "not enough tickets available message".  Night 1 is just now showing "presale has ended".

Shit, shit, shit and SHIT! I got one ticket for the Mondavi, 6th row center section--not that great, but not horrible. But I got an incredibly horrible seat for Santa Barbara, 4th row, left orchestra, all the way off to the side. These two were my priorities because they're seated venues--hopefully the Fillmore will be available on Friday. But this is NOT what I was hoping for with presale ticket selections.

I'm so mad!!!

I was logged in to Wilco ticketing at 10 and kept getting sold out messages.  Then, at about 10:14, I was able to purchase two tickets to the KCMO show.  I find this confusing, but I have a receipt. 

I logged in early and refreshed like crazy for the Seattle show. When the show tix opened, in the ~10 seconds it took me to select 2 tix and enter the captcha, it said "no seats available" - then "presale ended". All before 10:01am.

However, thanks to Tomauto saying they opened up tix, I tried again at 10:30ish and got 2 tix.

Wilco presales always suck.

We agree there, two nights of Wilco are required, but Jeff should be closing Sunday night, nothing against Levon or MMW but it's just not the same.  The Jeff set from Solid Sound 1 has been (for me at least) the highlight of all Solid Sounds so far.

Loved that Tweedy Sunday afternoon set, what a sweet way to wrap up a fantastic weekend. I couldn't say it was my highlight of all SS though, tough for anything to top the all request show, or any of the Wilco sets, even the Friday night in the pouring rain show. I'll just say it was my favorite non-Wilco SS set.

Yeah, two nights of Wilco and a Jeff solo set on Sunday would be the shit!  Maybe for SSF number four....

My guess is SSF5, I think there will only be 5 or at least that's what I was told the original contracts were for, and that's would be the ultimate finale.

I think there will only be 5 or at least that's what I was told the original contracts were for

I heard the same thing way back, but I can't think of any good reason for them to pull the plug on Solid Sound. I think it's far and away the most lucrative event Mass MoCA has on its schedule and it's been growing in popularity every year. Plus, it's good for the town of North Adams. The only constraint I can see is the size of the place--it can't get much bigger than last year, and even that was pushing it.  

My guess is SSF5, I think there will only be 5 or at least that's what I was told the original contracts were for, and that's would be the ultimate finale.

If there will only be 5, then here's to hoping they will be over the next 2 summers! Maybe a hiatus and renegotiations? 

And if JT is onstage for all 3 nights, let's hope that becomes the template for future SSF's. Why not a North Adams Residency of sorts.

I received an email from SolidSound Festival in early July for a feedback survey. I suggested that I'd be willing to pay $20% more , if they sold 20% less  tickets.

Hey guys, I know tickets for Davis and Santa Barbara aren't supposed to go on general sale till later today, but if you follow the links from wilcoworld's shows page you can buy tickets for both now. I wasn't able to get anything great for Davis, but for Santa Barbara I pulled row A, seat 2. Sounds better than it actually is--it's about 4 rows back, right orchestra, but on the aisle directly across from center orchestra. 

Just in case anyone's trying for these, try jumping in now!