Back to '73 Dead, haven't listened to this compilation yet but I imagine it's great.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/120055/Stormy-Mondays-Grateful-Dead-1973-Retrospective-Pt.-1

I don't recall a 12/16 bonus disc?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall a 12/16 bonus disc?

I believe that's a typo. It should be 12/6/73 Road Trips Vol. 4 "2011 Bonus Disc"

1. Greatest Story Ever Told (5:42)

2. China Cat Sunflower > (9:18)

3. I Know You Rider (5:31)

4. Dark Star > (43:33)

5. Eyes of the World (14:03)

I believe that's a typo. It should be 12/6/73 Road Trips Vol. 4 "2011 Bonus Disc"

1. Greatest Story Ever Told (5:42)

2. China Cat Sunflower > (9:18)

3. I Know You Rider (5:31)

4. Dark Star > (43:33)

5. Eyes of the World (14:03)

Well I'll be damned. I thought I had EVERYTHING. If anyone can help a brother out PM me I'd be grateful!

Cool. My project involves listening to GD from '65-'95 randomly, yet I do get hooked on certain tunes and/or years from time to time. Went through A LLR  phase a few summers ago that continues to this day. Tend to hit early '80s a lot, too, these days. 

I am grabbing this one - it showed up on bt.etree.org today:

Grateful Dead
Fillmore East
New York, NY
1970-02-11

Transfer info: Akai GX636 direct tape head output > Bottlehead tube tape pre pair Tesla tubes circa 1980 > Apogee Mini Me 24/96 > Apogee Mini DAC monitoring and mastering > FLAC

- SBD MR > DAT (disc 1 and first part of Star, last part lovelight via a DAT transfer so is not from circ. source)
- MAR > ? > R @ 3 @ ips. (aud patch source used in Dark Star and Lovelight)
- SBD MR > A77 > A77@ 71/2 ips. (primary source for disc 2)

The aud reel is courtesy of Don Wolfe and the second board reel is from Pat Lee.

Disc 1 - Early Show
01. // The Other One >
02. Cryptical Envelopment
03. Dire Wolf
04. Casey Jones
- Late Show
05. Intro by Keeva Krystal > Not Fade Away
06. Cumberland Blues
07. Cold Rain and Snow
08. High Time
09. Me and My Uncle

Disc 2
01. Dark Star >
02. Spanish Jam >
03. Turn on Your Lovelight
04. Encore: Uncle John's Band (Acoustic)

Additional commentary from original upload:

THIS IS THE FAMOUS PETER GREEN/DUANE ALLMAN JAM WITH THE DEAD SHOW!

From Phil's book -
• Jerry says to Phil of the ABB on their way to this show: “make sure you check these guys out… they’re kinda like us… They jam hard”
• Phil was startled when he heard Duane’s slide during Dark Star… Jerry hadn’t told him anyone would sit in
• Gregg “slides onto the organ bench” during Spanish Jam
• “Peter Green from the Mac plugs in just as I’m pulling the music into the dominant minor … he and Duane seem more comfortable in this space.”
• Butch joins on drums
• Mickey attacks his gigantic gong
• Mick Fleetwood and Danny Kirwan “find room to join the festivities”
• “it’s a surprisingly coherent free-for-all, with five guitarists , four drummers, organ, and – Pigpen roaring over it all”
• “Gregg takes a verse … Sounding like a fifty-year-old black man even then.”
• Pig and Gregg trade vocals
• Berry Oakley takes over on bass about halfway through Lovelight as Phil just wants to listen
• There’s a smokestack theme running throughout
• “my mind starts to stretch out of shape… Everyone on stage is flat-out wailing”

For the life of me I can not figure that BT stuff out. A-man has sent me tutorials/instructions and I've had friends try to explain it and/or show me in person. For whatever reason I just cannot grasp it, which sucks for me.

For the life of me I can not figure that BT stuff out. A-man has sent me tutorials/instructions and I've had friends try to explain it and/or show me in person. For whatever reason I just cannot grasp it, which sucks for me.

Amen.

How do you guys get your shows, if don't use torrent - do you use the archive or do you just stream shows. Does anybody still trade or B&P? I have, somewhat recently, participated in some Vines with Allman Brothers' stuff, which was kinda fun, I guess.

It did take me a few tries to get the hang of it. Etree is the best, because you don't have to worry about ratio's.

Pretty simple for most home networks:

1. Download and install a Bit Torrent client*

2. Select download directory on client

3. Click on download link from BT site

* select "Yes" when asked if you would like to make a Windows Firewall exception

How do you guys get your shows, if don't use torrent - do you use the archive or do you just stream shows. Does anybody still trade or B&P? I have, somewhat recently, participated in some Vines with Allman Brothers' stuff, which was kinda fun, I guess.

It did take me a few tries to get the hang of it. Etree is the best, because you don't have to worry about ratio's.

I still do some BnPs and trade a bit. I did recently figure out how to download some Giving Tree shows from the Bandcamp site. That was quite an afternoon, ugh.

Pretty simple for most home networks:

1. Download and install a Bit Torrent client*

2. Select download directory on client

3. Click on download link from BT site

* select "Yes" when asked if you would like to make a Windows Firewall exception

#1 has punched me in the face several times.