Bands with critical acclaim/respect that don't deserve it.

Pavement, Radiohead, the Clash, Taylor Swift.

those are those type bands (that you're supposed to like because all the creepy music critics like them)

I have noticed that music critics tend to me a creepy lot.  Why is that?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much every piece of music ever written has gained critical notoriety that someone somewhere has taken exception to. Conversely music that has been critically panned has ardent supporters who disagree with that assessment too.

Hence my problem with the whole thread. I see it's just something I'm going to have to deal with.

Well obviously Weezer.  I mean, they're good and all, but 2nd highest rated album?  Please.

Is it good that I couldnt identify a Weezer song if my life depended on it?

Taylor Swift writes her songs and can actually play a guitar.

That places her above about 95% of pop glut these days.

Neil Young seems to think so:

Taylor Swift is a great writer, and there are so many great country writers out there, and great performers — some of them are Canadian, some of them aren’t. And, you know, they’re just great, so I totally support it. I just think, again, that I do hear some things that sound like they’re very organized — sometimes you hear the same chorus twice, and I just don’t think that’s country. I think people should sing the whole song. But, aside from that, you know, that’s just, rebel in the studio against your producer.

LINK

that it's slightly creepy for a middle-aged man to be into pop acts manufactured for teenage girls.

The songs aren't bad, and she actually has talent.  I don't see how that is creepy.  And I'm not middle-aged.

Nirvana

Replacements

Velvet Underground

There...I said  it.

whats creepy about liking manufactured for teenage girl pop music? a good songs a good song, and hers often are

yeahhh... about that...

When my wife sings "trouble, trouble, trouble" to our 9-month old, it's cute. If one of my pals told me to not change the radio station because a Taylor Swift song was on, or started singing along to one of her songs, or plugged the jukebox with her songs, I'd definitely be creeped out.