• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I had to tell another parent that her 10 yr old told my 10 yr old that he wanted to "suicide" himself. 99% sure he didn't mean it, but on the off chance something is going on I had to tell her. Pretty scary - and quite an uncomfortable conversation.

One of my 8th graders got shot by a Baltimore city cop yesterday. He was waving around a gun that looked real and when the police told him to drop it and stay still, he held onto it and ran. He's not a bad kid, either. Just dumb and scared. He'll be ok. Tough way to learn a lesson. Could've been much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my 8th graders got shot by a Baltimore city cop yesterday. He was waving around a gun that looked real and when the police told him to drop it and stay still, he held onto it and ran. He's not a bad kid, either. Just dumb and scared. He'll be ok. Tough way to learn a lesson. Could've been much worse.

Lucky kid, but still, is it ok to shoot someone just because they have what is perceived to be a gun? That alone shouldn't be an ok to shoot someone (I realize the kid ran from them, but that still doesn't warrant being shot).

A kid at my son's high school had one of those handgun-like BB guns and the school and surrounding neighborhood were shut down  by about 60 officers and the SWAT team (which I'm cool with).

Horrifying. The police is this country seem to have utterly lost their compass. "Shoot first, ask questions later" is not a viable strategy. I'm glad he wasn't killed!

Me too. The school handled it really well. It's really hard to say if what happened was justified. There is not big outcry, but I'm sure there is more that will come out in the investigation. Maybe the community is smart for waiting to react until the facts come out. There is so much grey area here.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/28/us/baltimore-officer-shoots-boy-who-police-say-hadreplica-gun.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fus&action=click&contentCollection=us&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=8&pgtype=sectionfront&referer=http://www.nytimes.com/section/us?emc=edit_th_20160428&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=43898928

Today, as in just a moment ago, I discovered that an animal pulled up some shingles on my frickin roof.

Dammit. I try to live in peace with these critters and yet again they're costing me time and money.

Implementing the "whack and stack" policy as of Monday.

How do you know that it wasn't your kids or the wind or a ghost that pulled your precious shingles up? Seems pretty hasty to start a murder-spree without knowing the facts, pal.

I had a nice stack of wood in my driveway that a neighbor gave me last year from his felled tree. It'd been aging nicely for a year and I was ready for some outdoor fireplace action this spring. Some dude in a truck asked me/my wife twice, recently, if he could have it. We said: "no, we will be using that." Apparently, he thought otherwise, as when I came home from work one day last week, the wood was gone.

Now, I don't know for a fact that clownshoes stole my wood or not, I can only suspect the son of a bitch. Hence, and as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to go look for him and kill him for a supposed transgression....

Oh, I got da fax, mang

Mainly, it wasn't like that yesterday and we had no wind last night and the kids for sure didn't do it and there were PIECES of shingles UPSIDE down on the roof and this happened before about a month ago too and I couldn't figure out how it happened. Now I know. Critters.

Your wood thief? You better cut him good if or when you see him next. That lowlife needs a good cutting.

Oh, I got da fax, mang

Mainly, it wasn't like that yesterday and we had no wind last night and the kids for sure didn't do it and there were PIECES of shingles UPSIDE down on the roof and this happened before about a month ago too and I couldn't figure out how it happened. Now I know. Critters.

Your wood thief? You better cut him good if or when you see him next. That lowlife needs a good cutting.

Don't we all.....

Also, it couldn't have been the ghost because its been gone now for 8 years.

Today, at about 3:10 a.m., the fucking Chihuahua that sleeps in  (like, completely under our blankets and in between us) in our bed most nights puked. My wife woke up horrified (it was on her side). After a clean up, she slept on the couch in our bedroom and I had the bed to myself, though the space was very limited.

ed. I found I when I got home from work yesterday that the puke landed partially on one of my wife's legs. Excellent!