• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I did some reading into Charles Whitman, the Austin clock tower sniper. Prior to this, I knew nothing about the man and the circumstances surrounding his actions. Come to find out his motivations MAY have been caused by a brain tumor. Charles himself was baffled by his thoughts, rage and actions, according to his writings and suicide note. What an entirely sad situation for everyone involved.

He had been seeing a shrink for his anger issues, too, and even told the shrink he wanted to go up to the observatory to kill people. Whitman also stabbed his mother and wife to death the night before the rampage on campus.

What were you reading? A book on him? Poor guy, if that was the case...a tumor. Sounds like a horrifying but fascinating story.

I been on this site since I was 19 I'm 31 now. I am now the age most of you were when I signed up.

Similar situation for me too! According to my profile I joined here the day before my 18th birthday, now I'm 29. When I joined I was just a week out of high school, now I'm two years married, four years into my mortgage, deep into my career. I was "Halcyon" when I first joined, apologies to everyone if I was a little shithead!  :ike

I wonder if there's any teenagers joining these days?? 

Today my buddy was diagnosed with having a Brown Recluse Spider bite on his leg. He sent me a pic of it. Nothing like necrosis to turn the stomach.

He was in central Indiana camping 1.5 weeks ago and figures he got it there.

There's the spirit!

Yeah haha I suck.

For the record, I'd like to hand out candy BUT the first year we were in our house we did it and I had a few adults come to the door in just normal clothes, without kids. I'm not sure exactly what their deal was, it made the wife and I a little uncomfortable. Plus the constant knocking on the door is very stressful on the dogs, so two years ago we made the decision to just drop it entirely. I'm a Halloween grinch! 

Yeah haha I suck.

For the record, I'd like to hand out candy BUT the first year we were in our house we did it and I had a few adults come to the door in just normal clothes, without kids. I'm not sure exactly what their deal was, it made the wife and I a little uncomfortable. Plus the constant knocking on the door is very stressful on the dogs, so two years ago we made the decision to just drop it entirely. I'm a Halloween grinch! 

Those kids that worked their asses off to dress as normal-clothed adults say "f-you, old guy!"

Yeah, we're always out with our kids during the door knocking so can't really attest to the annoyance of it. I'd likely be doing the same...

Well Lammy, this feud has put me in a tight spot. I cant hunker down and wait out the storm nor can I acknowledge agreement or disagreement with either party for fear of stoking the others fire. Like I said, a tight spot.

Yeah - the wife and I had a tiff last night -- she asked what did I (as a white male) loose out on two nights ago -- I started to list the reasons, then I stopped. She is still torn and frayed and bag of nerves.