• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I ruined yet another favorite and rather new piece of clothing.

This is a skill I wish I didn't have.

Also, not today but yesterday, I got one of those gold Busch Light trophy cans. I cant wait to find out what I won! Winner, winner chicken dinner.....

Today I'm still suffering from the mosquito bites I received on Sunday afternoon. I tend to be kinda immune to those things but not this time. Maybe some kinda supercharged skeeter got me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is the 37th anniversary of one of the best moments in baseball history...........disco demolition at Comiskey Park! I watched the whole thing unfold live on channel 44 and I gotta say, it was great. Harry Carry and Jimmy Piersall, both being half lit up on Falstaff as usual, were aghast at the proceedings and were even funnier than usual. Thank you Steve Dahl!  Coho, coho, coho, coho!!

I wish I could remember it, but I was too young --- though I do remember watching White Sox on Channel 44 -  also the Blackhawks.

I had to bring out our little black and white TV outside on our porch to get good reception. I am sure tin foil was involved.

Just saw that Dahl is going to be at a Hooters near me tonight --- wife is heading to a Violent Femmes show, though  -- somehow I don't think my kids would be too excited to head to a Hooters.

Today is the 37th anniversary of one of the best moments in baseball history...........disco demolition at Comiskey Park! I watched the whole thing unfold live on channel 44 and I gotta say, it was great. Harry Carry and Jimmy Piersall, both being half lit up on Falstaff as usual, were aghast at the proceedings and were even funnier than usual. Thank you Steve Dahl!  Coho, coho, coho, coho!!

posted this in a baseball thread:

required reading:

http://www.chicagoma...ght-Disco-Died/

amazing photos here:

http://www.dawhiteph...isco-demolition

• 2 weeks later...

Lately we've been watching over a chicken coop for a neighbor who's out of town. Surprisingly, I've found it quite soothing to observe and listen to the three hens rooting around the yard for food.

Lately we've been watching over a chicken coop for a neighbor who's out of town. Surprisingly, I've found it quite soothing to observe and listen to the three hens rooting around the yard for food.

Chickens scratching in a yard always seem so content. I wish i lived where I could keep a few.

Today I am appreciating the irony in my Facebook feed. Both Michael Moore and George W. Bush are upset about the direction of the country for completely opposite reasons.

Reminds me of the old joke about the car pulled over for apparent drunk driving, but when the patrolman approaches there's no driver. In reply to his question, one of the drunks calls out, "Weren't none of us driving, ossifer, we were all in the back seat playing cards!"

Ok well it's funnier when it's told right. And also when it doesn't describe your country going off the rails. :blink

• 3 weeks later...