• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

My test kitchen determined that the juice of one lemon mixed into the couscous/black bean dish made it super delicious.

Also, it amazes me that the caterpillar for the yellow eastern swallowtail butterfly is so different from its recessive brethren, the black eastern swallowtail.

That's right, Sport. The butterfly bush in my backyard. They don't call it a butterfly bush for nothing ya know. Its some sorta hybrid so it doesn't produce seeds.

it should be officially referred to as LANLINE... no D in there. it means 'local area network line'....

landline comes from the fact that it doesnt move far. just being picky ;)

A landline phone is through a local phone network and used for voice to voice connection, a LAN line (or simply LAN) is used for computer/information shit, I believe. At least in the States...

A landline phone is through a local phone network and used for voice to voice connection, a LAN line (or simply LAN) is used for computer/information shit, I believe. At least in the States...

Correct. Unless you're making a point about the fact that many/most wired phones these days are VoIP, "landline" is the correct term.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I did some reading into Charles Whitman, the Austin clock tower sniper. Prior to this, I knew nothing about the man and the circumstances surrounding his actions. Come to find out his motivations MAY have been caused by a brain tumor. Charles himself was baffled by his thoughts, rage and actions, according to his writings and suicide note. What an entirely sad situation for everyone involved.

Today I did some reading into Charles Whitman, the Austin clock tower sniper. Prior to this, I knew nothing about the man and the circumstances surrounding his actions. Come to find out his motivations MAY have been caused by a brain tumor. Charles himself was baffled by his thoughts, rage and actions, according to his writings and suicide note. What an entirely sad situation for everyone involved.

He had been seeing a shrink for his anger issues, too, and even told the shrink he wanted to go up to the observatory to kill people. Whitman also stabbed his mother and wife to death the night before the rampage on campus.

Recently I saw a piece on TV about a new documentary on the Austin shooting. Haven't seen the documentary, yet - but it looks very interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/movies/tower-review-mass-shootings.html?_r=0

All the cuts in mental health in the state of Illinois and throughout the country and the relative ease of obtaining guns, it's a wonder that this type of stuff doesn't happen more often (obviously shootings happen too often as it is...)