• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I was thinking about how labor intensive making a gumbo is. All that stirring, cripes!

Today I was thinking about how labor intensive making a gumbo is. All that stirring, cripes!

Mechanical stirrers are a thing. You set them in the pot and they move around, stirring. I don't trust them though. I suspect that when you leave the room (or turn your back) they stop stirring.

Gumbo sounds fabulous!

Today I found mouse droppings in my truck. WTFF.

I am going nuclear on these bastards. Unconditional warfare/blitzkrieg/no prisoners/scorched earth.

Today I bought tix for that new Kong flick. Taking the kids tomorrow night after our corned beef feast. 3D version, oh yeah!

Not sure, Lammy would be the one to consult.

Btw, I've had mouse traps inside and outside the truck for a week now and haven't gotten one yet. Perplexing.

If you don't mind a little expense for something that will be on hand for all future needs, I recommend the Victor Electronic Rat Trap. Not too big, lures rodent in with baited back wall and a floor which is electrified once a couple of the panels are stepped upon. It's powered by 4 C cell batteries which last practically forever. Mouse or rat enters, drawn by the food scent at the back wall (a bit of peanut butter works great) and is zapped. you never need to touch the rodent, you can just dump them from the trap into a bag and throw away. 

I love how effective it is and how simple to use. Good sturdy metal construction, cost about $40. I think Lowe's has them. To be really sure they are killed quickly, we put a wet sponge in front of it...then the rodent has wet feet to really carry the charge. Sounds harsh but it's quick and effective. I've had it kill good-sized rats...feet hanging out the end of the 6 or 8 inch trap...so mice would be a breeze for it.

Not sure, Lammy would be the one to consult.

Btw, I've had mouse traps inside and outside the truck for a week now and haven't gotten one yet. Perplexing.

Take one of your wife's (or your) old pantyhose, put mothballs in the toe, tie it off, and put them under the truck.

When we were living in Providence, we had a rat somehow get stuck to the bottom of the catalytic converter and die - probably brushed against it when it was hot and couldn't free itself until it died. Took a long time to figure out where the smell was coming from.

Lots of great tips here. Thanks Kidsmoke, I'll look into that device. Maybe I'll try the mothball trick too.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, we were wondering what sort of car Walt drove in the first couple seasons of Breaking Bad. We just finished season 3, wow wow wow.

Today, we were wondering what sort of car Walt drove in the first couple seasons of Breaking Bad. We just finished season 3, wow wow wow.

Good question. I always associated with it as a Prius-type vehicle, but after a 2-second google search landed this:

2004 Pontiac Aztek.

The Pontiac Aztek was Walter White's car. It has a faded factory paint job and is missing the factory alloy wheel on the drivers' rear corner, replaced with a far less attractive steel replacement wheel.

This vehicle is notorious for being an under-achieving ‘crossover’ model, being neither a decent minivan, nor an SUV, and is also well-known for having an ugly, plastic appearance.