• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Someone smashed in the entire back window of my wife's car while we were sleeping last night. Although we have a 3-car garage, we park in the driveway during warm weather. Both our cars were parked in the driveway (right off the street) in front of the garage, per usual, next to each other. 

My vehicle has one window decal in the lower back corner of a dancing skeleton with top hat. My wife has a few stickers on the back of her car, most recent and notable a good-sized "RESIST" sticker. I can't help but think that this was the sole reason her car was vandalized and mine was not.

With no proof, we're left to wonder. Either way, whoever the fuckstick(s) was/were, I hope they are karmically repaid the financial and emotional (my wife was crying and really upset as she headed out to her teaching gig....late, of course, due to this) strife he/she/they have placed on us.

Fuck that sucks --- guess you can check with your neighbors, maybe they heard/saw something - though I am guessing they would have already told you if they did.

Maybe it was random action or they had the wrong house/car --- I would really hate to think that we are coming to a point where people are smashing random cars because of a 'Resist' sticker - but I guess I wouldn't be surprised, either.

Someone smashed in the entire back window of my wife's car while we were sleeping last night. Although we have a 3-car garage, we park in the driveway during warm weather. Both our cars were parked in the driveway (right off the street) in front of the garage, per usual, next to each other.

My vehicle has one window decal in the lower back corner of a dancing skeleton with top hat. My wife has a few stickers on the back of her car, most recent and notable a good-sized "RESIST" sticker. I can't help but think that this was the sole reason her car was vandalized and mine was not.

With no proof, we're left to wonder. Either way, whoever the fuckstick(s) was/were, I hope they are karmically repaid the financial and emotional (my wife was crying and really upset as she headed out to her teaching gig....late, of course, due to this) strife he/she/they have placed on us.

Shit, Lammy, that really sucks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been a long time...is this what used to be the random thought thread?

Someone here might remember my son spawn. He was an occasional poster, usually on Christmas talking about waiting for Santa. 

P4170012.jpg

He's a sound recording student and vocal student at Syracuse now, and is releasing an EP next week (with a cover of Pick Up the Change). I always said I'd come back here to visit if he ever became a musician. 

https://www.facebook.com/noahsteinbergmusic/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Lammy, I'm really sorry to hear this. Not the least of things is the fact that her Resist sticker has made your wife feel partially "To blame" for the attack. Who knows, it may be nothing more than some punk teenagers out having fun...nothing at all to do with politics....but it sucks that you are left wondering if that was the motivation.

Hi Gary, I can't believe your boy is so grown! In my mind he'll always be about the age in the photo!

Today is my first day back at work after spending 2 weeks in CO, camping in the mountains north of Steamboat and in RMNP. Saw sooo many Perseid meteors with my kids, niece and nephews. Beautiful country, great times.

Also, despite the clouds in Chicagoland today, I was able to see the eclipse at its peak.

We drove down to Southern IL - where it got to 100%  --- real cool. My eight year old totally loved it, it kinda freaked my five year old out.

Well worth the drive. Can't wait to 2024.

Wish I would have done that, but was thinking it was going to be a complete clusterfuck. Did you just daytrip?

Wish I would have done that, but was thinking it was going to be a complete clusterfuck. Did you just daytrip?

We came down Saturday - more than usual traffic, but it wasn't too bad (we make this trip around 8-10 times a year - my in-laws are from down here.)

We are heading up tomorrow. 

We went up to my wife's family church, which is out in the country and on top of a hill. There were about 4 other groups of people there. 

The locals are definitely taking advantage of the event, selling shirts and such.

Hi Gary, I can't believe your boy is so grown! In my mind he'll always be about the age in the photo!

Crazy, ain't it? And now he's back off to school.

His release is out today

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/album/id1273328229?ls=1&app=itunes

Apple Music: http://itunes.apple.com/album/id1273328229

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2AgumlnaL6QewGSC8uOD75

Amazon Music: https://www.amazon.com/Made-Man-EP-Noah-Steinberg/dp/B074XDKP5J/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1503661540&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=noah+steinberg+made+man+ep

Today is my first day back at work after spending 2 weeks in CO, camping in the mountains north of Steamboat and in RMNP. Saw sooo many Perseid meteors with my kids, niece and nephews. Beautiful country, great times.

Also, despite the clouds in Chicagoland today, I was able to see the eclipse at its peak.

It was nice to see you....

Car vibes, Lammy and Mrs. Lammy. People are bastards.

Thanks, man. My wife is afraid to leave it in the driveway now....

I was the guy in the hat driving the white SUV. I waved and you ignored me. I'll get over the snub but still.....

I saw one too!

I did not know there was such a creature, and when I saw it hovering over one of my flower pots, I got up and went over saying "What are you??". (This really did happen.). I didn't think it was a bird, but couldn't imagine what else it could be. Hence my exasperated question posed to a creature who could not answer me. A little googling helped me out.

And yes, it was delightful to watch!

The A.V. Club's decision to move to Kinja (whatever that means) has destroyed the site. Now it is difficult to navigate and the comments section is ruined. Cant they just leave well enough alone?

I know the thread is titled today but I have to speak about yesterday. A big day for me...

1) My oldest started Kindergarden!!!

2) Attended an interview session at the aol building with Stereophonics and band I have enjoyed and liked for 15 years. Met Kelly and Richard Jones got pictures with them and participated in the Q and A

3) Saw Filthy Friends of which Peter Buck's is a member..After the show I spotted Michael Stipe in the crowd. I finally "met" him and spoke to him for about a minute which was beyond a thrill for me as R.E.M. has been my number 1 favorite since I was 9!! On top of that spoke with Peter Buck for a few minutes which is also always a thrill.