Sadly, google has blocked me. Something about my search history scaring their tech nerds, blah blah blah. But, thanks Lammy!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Today I spent some time watching a Northern Flicker probe the ground in my backyard, looking for food. Good looking bird too, very unusual looking.

Today I noticed that the Caspian Tern has returned to my pond. Based on what I saw last year, it will hang around for a week and then beat it on down the road.

Today I mailed my federal taxes with a big fat check for the 'Merican peoples!!

Daddy's little deductions are out on their own now (well, 2 out of 3), and daddy failed to recalculate withholdings for 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daddy's little deductions are out on their own now (well, 2 out of 3), and daddy failed to recalculate withholdings for 2016!

I also had to pay this year.  I like to remind myself that at least I had that money in my bank account (granted, making approx. 0.001% interest) all year.  

Today I noticed that the Caspian Tern has returned to my pond. Based on what I saw last year, it will hang around for a week and then beat it on down the road.

You seem to have the greatest birdwatching! Where are you?

Ow. I hear you...our last little deduction has also flown, and while we are lucky enough not to owe (we did recalculate our withholding), our refund is pretty tiny. At least it's a refund. :rolleyes

I'm in the sw burbs of Chicago but I live in an older, unincorporated area which I think helps with the wildlife. I had a coyote eat a rabbit in my backyard last nite. Didn't see it but I heard it happen.

I'm in the sw burbs of Chicago but I live in an older, unincorporated area which I think helps with the wildlife. I had a coyote eat a rabbit in my backyard last nite. Didn't see it but I heard it happen.

I picture you laying in bed listening to that go down and having that feeling kids get on Christmas Eve thinking of all the glorious rewards awaiting them in the room with the tree in it.

Wish a coyote would take care of the two chipmunks that hang out around my house - the burrowing little fuckers.

We do have fox that hangs outs in our back yard from time to time, but I guess it is not a chipmunk fan.

Yeah - I have tried 'nice' deterrences and such over the last two springs/summers with not much success -- think I am ready for your idea.

WAIT!!!  I can hook you up with a solid chipmunk whisperer at a reasonable rate!!

WAIT!!!  I can hook you up with a solid chipmunk whisperer at a reasonable rate!!

That would be great - my youngest kid loves seeing the two scurry around, but I think a 5 year old is ready to see a cracked neck and a little blood trickily from a mouth (in case I don't get to the trap, before she sees it)

Of course, hopefully sunflower butter works - since the stated 5 year old has a peanut allergy.

That would be great - my youngest kid loves seeing the two scurry around, but I think a 5 year old is ready to see a cracked neck and a little blood trickily from a mouth (in case I don't get to the trap, before she sees it)

Of course, hopefully sunflower butter works - since the stated 5 year old has a peanut allergy.

You should try peppermint oil before resorting to death, imo. It works!

Or take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it half way with water, sprinkle sunflower seeds into the water (they float) and lean a board on the lip of the bucket with the other end on the ground. First time I tried this, I got 6 of the critters. I call it the Chipper-Dipper.

Just realized, the two owls that have been around my house for the last three years are back --- they could help with the situation, too. I think my village is filled with a bunch of lazy predators...