Glad to hear all these positive stories on joint replacements. My mom had a very different/difficult experience which she managed to get through but now has lasting negative consequences.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

I have such a great big happy smile on my face this morning. Thank you Mr Mueller! Keep up the fantastic work!

If Flynn got some reason stops cooperating they can still go back to the original charges and go after his son. So it’s a good thing.

Also...no wonder trump was so unhinged on Twitter the last couple of days

Flynn was directed by GOP transition team to be in touch with Russians. Sweet Jesus, the entire cabal is traitorous. Lock them all up.

I retired. Yup.

YAY! More time for sign-making!

Today I am bleary from lack of sleep. Took my husband in this morning at 5:30 am to get him prepped for a fairly intensive surgery on a diverticula of the esophagus. I'll spare you the gnarly details but he will be on very soft or liquid food for awhile. I'm on my way right now to go see him in ICU.

YAY! More time for sign-making!

Today I am bleary from lack of sleep. Took my husband in this morning at 5:30 am to get him prepped for a fairly intensive surgery on a diverticula of the esophagus. I'll spare you the gnarly details but he will be on very soft or liquid food for awhile. I'm on my way right now to go see him in ICU.

thanks...

So, is this ICU business all part of the expectation? All is well (blender-food notwithstanding)?

thanks...

So, is this ICU business all part of the expectation? All is well (blender-food notwithstanding)?

It is as expected. The ICU for the first couple of days, then a regular room. They will try to get him up and moving either this evening or at latest, tomorrow...they don't want there to be any chance of developing blood clots. 

It is as expected. The ICU for the first couple of days, then a regular room. They will try to get him up and moving either this evening or at latest, tomorrow...they don't want there to be any chance of developing blood clots. 

Hope everything went OK and as expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Went into a Barnes and Noble today for the 1st time in 8000 years and surprised at all the vinyl - man the prices are steep. Fun to look through the records, though.

Also got to talk to Otis Wilson (former Bears linebacker)

Otis: Hey, how are you're doing (as he walked by me)

Me: Good - Hey Otis.

First time I got to talk to a 85 Bear - he happen to be doing an in-store book signing.

Went into a Barnes and Noble today for the 1st time in 8000 years and surprised at all the vinyl - man the prices are steep. Fun to look through the records, though.

Also got to talk to Otis Wilson (former Bears linebacker)

Otis: Hey, how are you're doing (as he walked by me)

Me: Good - Hey Otis.

First time I got to talk to a 85 Bear - he happen to be doing an in-store book signing.

You sure he didn't shuffle by you...?

Damn that song didn't even cross my mind when I saw him - man they were a fun team. He kind of did shuffle on by - he looked good, though. 

[Otis Wilson]

I'm mama's boy Otis, one of a kind The ladies all love me

For my body and my mind I'm slick on the floor as I can be

But ain't no sucker gonna get past me

Some guys are jealous

Of my style and class

That's why some end up on their [whistle]

I didn't come here lookin' for trouble

I just get down to The Super Bowl Shuffle

Retired? Heh, that was on my lunch break. The concept of retirement for me is like a utopian dream that I know wont come true. Happy holidaze everybody!

Oh yeah, still digging on that newly released Dylan gospel stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, this cold snap has frozen me to the core. What I would do for a temp of 20 degrees.

Glad we are out of the extreme cold, because we have been without power since 1:30 am --- had this happen last week, it would have sucked much worse.