• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

A friend of mine had to get his hip replaced in his early 40's -- had an old tennis injury that kept getting worse.  He was at the point where he was barely able to walk before he went in for surgery. 

Post-surgery, it's like he's an entirely new person.  Works out all the time, super active, goes on a lot of vacations, seems to be loving life. (also divorced his wife and is dating someone 10-15 yrs younger than him now... coincidence? lol)

Today I got my hip replaced. 57 yrs and old, first surgery in my life.

Thanks. I’m surprised that I have almost zero pain and have been up to walk already. Very pleased so far.

Congratulations! How great to hear how good you feel already! I've heard nothing but good from people I know who have had these. :thumbup

i hope you are well soon. i had mine done over 10 years ago & it is hanging in ok. i'm sure the tech has grown a lot in the meantime.

Thanks. I agree that it’s probably advanced quite a bit over and he last ten years. Not sure how long you were in hospital for, but I had surgery yesterday and they are discharging me today. Amazing.

Today, I had a business meeting in Le Mars, Iowa.  After the meeting, I drove 35 miles west across the Big Sioux River into South Dakota.  It was the first time I've been to South Dakota.   I've now visited 49 states.  North Dakota?  I'm coming for you!  :wave

Today, I had a business meeting in Le Mars, Iowa. After the meeting, I drove 35 miles west across the Big Sioux River into South Dakota. It was the first time I've been to South Dakota. I've now visited 49 states. North Dakota? I'm coming for you! :wave

Nice! North Dakota was my last too!

Met Jack White cool guy!

What was the occasion/setting?

A few years ago he stopped in at a gas station in Denver the day of a sold out Red Rocks show to do an impromptu set (1/2 hour tweet notice to fans). Still think that's cool as shit:

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2012/08/09/jack-white-secret-show-denver-photos/53996/

^ He did a reading of his new book and Barnes and Nobel and I brought my 5 year old son along. They let the kids sit in front which was cool as my son and I were 1 ft away from the stage. I put up a vid on YT just look up Jack White Reads We're Just Friends. After words he did a signing and he talked to me and my son. Was really cool and the best part was my son enjoyed it!

^ He did a reading of his new book and Barnes and Nobel and I brought my 5 year old son along. They let the kids sit in front which was cool as my son and I were 1 ft away from the stage. I put up a vid on YT just look up Jack White Reads We're Just Friends. After words he did a signing and he talked to me and my son. Was really cool and the best part was my son enjoyed it!

"We're Going to Be Friends"-White Stripes/book title

"We're just Friends"- Wilco

Heh.

That's cool stuff, though. Nice. Jack looked nervous cruising through the book....

What was the occasion/setting?

A few years ago he stopped in at a gas station in Denver the day of a sold out Red Rocks show to do an impromptu set (1/2 hour tweet notice to fans). Still think that's cool as shit:

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2012/08/09/jack-white-secret-show-denver-photos/53996/

It's always so cool when an artist gives just that little bit more of themselves, when they don't have to. He sounds like a great guy in RL.

Today my company went public.

This is good news, right? How will it affect your job?

It's always so cool when an artist gives just that little bit more of themselves, when they don't have to. He sounds like a great guy in RL.

Yeah the pop up shows by the stripes were awesome I remember reading about them and hoping to make one like the ones they did in Canada! First time I saw them they played union square nyc they announced if at noon for a 3 pm show. I was at work dropped everything and got over there! This was right after white blood cells came out. What a great show it was! I always respected him for these things

• 2 weeks later...

Well really should be in a thread called yesterday but as I was leaving a concert I found a $100 bill on the ground!

Did you report it immediately to the lost and found?!?!?!?!