Now Watching 2017

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to starting it.

We're grinding out the last few episodes of Stranger Things now before we start something new.

We watched both seasons over Thanksgiving break. Even though I missed a couple episodes of Season 2 (wife filled me in), I thought it was decent. Kinda not into Winona Ryder's emoting in almost every scene she's in, though.

That's been Winona's M.O. since Lucas --- I thought she stepped it up in Season 2 - perhaps because she seemed to have a larger role, this season. Bet she will get an Emmy nod.

Really with th e Emmy??! I'd think the kid who plays Will, maybe, but....

Really with th e Emmy??! I'd think the kid who plays Will, maybe, but....

I am sucker for Winona - every role of hers deserves an award...

I do think her performance in Season 2 was pretty great, though.

I too am so sick of Winona's over-acting.  Then again (as a friend said to me after I complained about it), I guess if my kid had been abducted by aliens or whatever, I probably would by a bit hyper! 

Godless is a really good show so far. I'm 3 episodes in. Beautiful cinematography & slow pacing. This is a tough one to watch late at night because it's not a real cliffhanger type of show like say Ozark or Bloodline. It's only 7 episodes and the average run time is about 70 minutes. I think it's a one & done as well = no season 2.

i'm impressed by the young lady who plays eleven. good young actress.

Not that she has a lot of lines and not that she could not act  with an American English accent, but I was surprised (on the Stranger Things Bonus clips) to find out she's English/speaks with an English accent. And yeah, very talented young actress.

I have high hopes for the Netflix series Altered Carbon. I've never read the book, but the Wiki synopsis sounds amazing. I'll try to track it down and read it soon. I knew that they were producing the show, but I'm stunned that it's coming already on Feb 2nd next year. There's a teaser out there & it looks pretty good. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon

I started The Crown a few nights ago. I was afraid that it would be a bit laborious to get through like Godless. Despite that notion I enjoyed Godless and thought that the shoot out in the last episode was choreographed & shot really well. Jeff Daniels plays a great bad guy.

I also started Season 2 of Haters Back Off! which is a show that I quite enjoy. It feels like if Tim Burton had directed Napoleon Dynamite.

Me and my daughter loved Haters. I likened it to Curb Your Enthusiasm but with more crazy. Sadly, Netflix just cancelled it, no third season.

I have high hopes for the Netflix series Altered Carbon. I've never read the book, but the Wiki synopsis sounds amazing. I'll try to track it down and read it soon. I knew that they were producing the show, but I'm stunned that it's coming already on Feb 2nd next year. There's a teaser out there & it looks pretty good. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon

I started The Crown a few nights ago. I was afraid that it would be a bit laborious to get through like Godless. Despite that notion I enjoyed Godless and thought that the shoot out in the last episode was choreographed & shot really well. Jeff Daniels plays a great bad guy.

I also started Season 2 of Haters Back Off! which is a show that I quite enjoy. It feels like if Tim Burton had directed Napoleon Dynamite.

The Crown was excellent, imo. Keep with it. And, again, you're making me nervous about ever starting Godless in the future....

Saw "Lady Bird" last night. Excellent movie. I've always enjoyed Greta Gerwig's movies. Her directorial debut is one of my favorites this year.