Now Watching 2017

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have episodes 2,3,4 dvr'd. Need to wait until ep1 re-run on Sat. to record. No spoilers, please.

Was very excited to watch Ep. 1 after the great Redskins victory last night. I fell asleep 10 min. into it, though. Gonna do a re-do tonight.

I have been watching bits and pieces of the Vietnam doc (I plan to watch it all) , but with all the crap going on presently, it so depressing watching it. During the start of the war we were suppose to have the 'best and brightest' running things and look what that brought us. I think the current administration is far from 'the best and brightest' - but who knows, perhaps an oil CEO and a developer can oversee and run wars better - i am not banking on it, though.

Was very excited to watch Ep. 1 after the great Redskins victory last night. I fell asleep 10 min. into it, though. Gonna do a re-do tonight.

My experience, as well.  I've attempted to keep pace, but I tend to fall asleep almost every night (can only find time to watch late at night).  Might have to dedicate a couple weekend afternoons for it.  

My experience, as well.  I've attempted to keep pace, but I tend to fall asleep almost every night (can only find time to watch late at night).  Might have to dedicate a couple weekend afternoons for it.  

I might take a leave of absence from work for a week or two to catch up on it.

I didn't realize that the Johnson admin had pretty much busted the Nixon campaign for interfering in the peace process and didn't call them on it because they didn't want to compromise the intelligence source they learned it from. Johnson tossed the word treason around while talking about it.

Yep, Nixon was the first of the three illegitimate GOP presidents so far in my lifetime. Damn, such harm they've done to America and the world. What a shame.

Yep, Nixon was the first of the three illegitimate GOP presidents so far in my lifetime. Damn, such harm they've done to America and the world. What a shame.

First of three that negotiated with or have been accused of negotiating against US interests. Nixon with the peace process, Reagan suspected of negotiating with Iran on the hostages, and Trump negotiating for personal profit. I'm beginning to see a pattern developing here. But that's for the other thread. The Vietnam show is just fascinating to me.

Don't forget lil' Georgie bushCo. I didn't count reagan but you are right so there's been four illegitimate GOP presidents in my lifetime.

I'm mesmerized by the Vietnam story, but it's hard to watch. I'm old enough to remember all those caskets coming off planes on the evening news each night, old enough to remember wondering if my 13 and 14 year old brothers would eventually be sent off to die.

I'm so struck by how the divisions we had then ("America - Love it or Leave it!" vs. the pacifist hippie contingent) continue to divide us even today. So many echoes of the past rearing their ugly, unresolved heads today.

Watched the first episode of Fargo last nite. While I liked it, I cant see how its going to move forward for multiple seasons without jumping the shark. Is it worthwhile to continue?

Ok. We'll do some more. We both thought Lester's Jerry Lundegard sad sack shtick was a bit much but over all was pretty good. The last 20 minutes had all kinds of zingers we didn't see coming including Odenkirk being in the show!