Venues have been announced for Big Ears Festival performances.

Wilco at Tennessee Theatre

Glenn Kotche at The Standard 

"Jeff Tweedy Meets Chickamorachi" at The Mill & Mine 

Cup (Nels Cline & Yuka C. Honda) at The Square Room 

Quindar at Bijou Theatre 

On Fillmore at The Standard 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they will add more summer dates/festivals, maybe some around the 2 in Europe in July, or more after this latest one announced in NJ, in late July. Seems like a pretty thin schedule for having released an album not too long ago. I imagine the SSF takes up a good chunk of time, planning and all, so I can see not adding much before June. Maybe more will be announced for July/August.

August 11 in Denver, as part of the Colorado Classic cycle race

The state of Colorado is reinventing the bike race, blending a four-stage men's UCI event, two-day, three-stage women's race and a large festival that will include major music acts including Wilco and Death Cab for Cutie in the final host city of Denver's RiNo arts district.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/colorado-classic-uci-stage-race-announced-as-part-of-velorama/

File this under "setlist wishlist" as the Beacon shows approach. I would love for You Satellite to return to the shows. That was my highlight of the Star Wars shows. I also think it's the centerpiece of the album. Unless I missed it, I haven't seen it on the setlists of the Schmilco shows. Would love to catch it at the Beacon, but doesn't seem to be in rotation anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Complaining about bands not playing your town is what it is, but it's been over 5 years since a San Diego show. 8th largest city in the US. Not a suburb of LA. Even the recent shows they've played in LA have been mid-week, so not realistic to get too. Hell's bells. 

ugh, do I want to go to Milwaukee?  My head says no - I saw all 4 Chicago shows and this will be exactly the same, plus its on a sunday AND father's day.  But my heart says - dude it's Wilco and only an hour away, go!

No luck trying to get reserved seats for Indy.  I need 4 but couldn't get more than 1.  Oh well.  I'll wait for the general sale.  If still no luck, I'll go with lawn tickets.

Live Nation presale is today.  Use the presale code is "MAGIC". Gave it a try and seats in row L were available.

I wish they'd squeeze Nashville in the night before Louisville. The Ryman is open that night. Seems odd to play Pittsburgh on Thursday and nothing until Louisville on Sunday...

I wish that too. There's not a chance they'd do just 1 night at the Ryman though. 

I wish that too. There's not a chance they'd do just 1 night at the Ryman though. 

Went ahead and grabbed Louisville tickets. Wouldn't complain if some Ryman dates get announced around Jazz Fest, though. Seems odd to just have that one off show from a touring cost standpoint. Granted festivals are big paydays...

Went ahead and grabbed Louisville tickets. Wouldn't complain if some Ryman dates get announced around Jazz Fest, though. Seems odd to just have that one off show from a touring cost standpoint. Granted festivals are big paydays...

I agree. It would be great, but I doubt it. They were just in Knoxville last week, so I bet it's 2018 before they hit Nashville or Atlanta again. I hope I'm wrong!