• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely I found that Safari worked a lot faster than Firefox. Firefox didn't seem to do the extra level of anti-bot measures (no picture selection screen) but took considerably longer pulling tickets.

Seemed like there were still decent pairs of seats popping up 15-20 minutes in, so hopefully everyone on the board got something. I won't be able to make all 4 shows, but a long run makes things easier for everyone. Beacon plus Solid Sound is making 2017 seem like an embarrassment of Wilco riches.

I have been having firefox issues overall for the last week or so. Runs sluggish at work, and seems to have some kind of complete java incompatibility issue at home, rendering certain buttons and videos on websites totally inoperable. To the point I had to download and install chrome if I want to buy something. I've heard from other people with similar issues, basically that "firefox is bloated" now and no longer such a reliable browser.

Took me ~15-20 mins, but I scored rear orchestra for Sun & Weds. at Beacon Theater. I'm cool with that, especially as orchestra was less expensive than loge, go figure.  I don't know the Beacon though, only ever been once - does the loge overhang the orchestra really far?

Strangely I found that Safari worked a lot faster than Firefox. Firefox didn't seem to do the extra level of anti-bot measures (no picture selection screen) but took considerably longer pulling tickets.

Seemed like there were still decent pairs of seats popping up 15-20 minutes in, so hopefully everyone on the board got something. I won't be able to make all 4 shows, but a long run makes things easier for everyone. Beacon plus Solid Sound is making 2017 seem like an embarrassment of Wilco riches.

Overall very happy.

This went much better than usual NYC sales

Wednesday sale

4 for Sunday row K Orch

2 for Tuesday row A Orch

Thursday sale

Nothing, nothing, nothing at all

Friday sale

2 Saturday row s

2 Saturday loge row c

2 Wednesday loge row c

Very happy and super excited for Wilco's return to NYC

When do we get to talk about the ticket prices? It seems that Wilco has made a big jump with these dates charging $95 for Chicago, NY and Toronto while "only" charging $50 in Kzoo. Obviously they can pull it off in Chicago judging by the 3 sellouts. Kind of a bummer none the less. I guess high ticket prices are just the new normal?

I'd think with higher prices, we can expect that to limit the number of people attending multiple shows and consequently the need to change up the setlist. We can also expect new fans to be a slower on the uptick given the cost. I know I'd be less willing to pay $95 than $50 to hear a band my friends all loved and said I would love...

When do we get to talk about the ticket prices? It seems that Wilco has made a big jump with these dates charging $95 for Chicago, NY and Toronto while "only" charging $50 in Kzoo. Obviously they can pull it off in Chicago judging by the 3 sellouts. Kind of a bummer none the less. I guess high ticket prices are just the new normal?

I'd think with higher prices, we can expect that to limit the number of people attending multiple shows and consequently the need to change up the setlist. We can also expect new fans to be a slower on the uptick given the cost. I know I'd be less willing to pay $95 than $50 to hear a band my friends all loved and said I would love...

Ticket costs is why we are just catching one night in Chicago. Think this will be the first time that we are not catching a whole Chicago run. Which is fine.

Took me ~15-20 mins, but I scored rear orchestra for Sun & Weds. at Beacon Theater. I'm cool with that, especially as orchestra was less expensive than loge, go figure.  I don't know the Beacon though, only ever been once - does the loge overhang the orchestra really far?

From what I can find online, the loge overhangs the orchestra beginning at Row O. I thought it was curious that the loge was priced at the highest level whereas some orchestra seats that are closer to the stage (but maybe farther to the left or right) were cheaper. I think some people really favor the loge perspective so it's considered a premium?

From what I can find online, the loge overhangs the orchestra beginning at Row O. I thought it was curious that the loge was priced at the highest level whereas some orchestra seats that are closer to the stage (but maybe farther to the left or right) were cheaper. I think some people really favor the loge perspective so it's considered a premium?

Lodge seats (like the 4 row mezzanine section in the Orpheum in Boston) have their pluses and minuses. The sound is perfect, you get the full PA's. Being up front in the orchestra, while great for visuals, can provide less than ideal sound mix. The rows tend to have more slope, so better visuals despite who is in front of you. The crowd tends to sit rather than stand. That's either a plus or a negative depending on your point of view. I like to stand and be able to dance, but always grab mezz seats in the Orpheum for the excellent sound quality. My wife and I were sitting center mezz in the Orpheum on Saturday of the last Wilco run here, and a couple to our left actually got thrown out for standing and dancing. That totally sucked. 

Every NYC show in a theater setting is usually $25-50 more unfortunately I also saw kalamazoos prices and sighed much higher than $100 I'll have to start sitting out shows. I'm going to two shows but it's a lot of money

I wonder if we'll see any new music released in 2017, be it a Wilco B-side/compilation track, new Tweedy, new Loose Fur or some other collaboration.

Good question. B-side compilation seems unlikely since Alpha Mike Foxtrot compiled 20 years worth of b-sides only 24 months ago.

We've heard there is a lot of Tweedy material ready so that seems possible. We've been hearing about a new Loose Fur for a long time.

Is it time for another "real" live album like Kicking Television? That one came out 11 years ago now...

High ticket prices in the NY area are definitely the new normal. $100 seems to be the typical price for a theater show, even in NJ now. I can't afford $100 for a concert ticket. I'm slowly accepting the fact that my favorite leisure-time activity for the last 35 years is no longer affordable for me. Oh well. I see a lot of movies now instead. *shrugs*