What are your Plans for Inauguration Day?

For myself, I will be keeping the TV off. I know I will probably eventually see that awful moment of transition, but I can't bring myself to watch it happen on Friday. Instead I'll be listening to music and baking a birthday cake for my husband's birthday the following day. And the following day, we will be traveling to Los Angeles to join in the march there.

How are you handling this bizarre time in our history?

I read somewhere that you should leave your TV on, but tuned to a channel that would never air the inauguration (Discovery, FX, or whatever). Lowers the Nielsen ratings. Not sure if it's true, but it makes sense.

I'll be working and praying that my insurance isn't about to jump from $100/mo. to $500/mo. It's truly the saddest day for America in my lifetime.

I'll be at work, so will miss the whole thing. I may watch the news when I get home. With my eyes half closed. This whole thing still has a somewhat surreal feeling for me, like it's too bizarre to really be happening.

I read somewhere that you should leave your TV on, but tuned to a channel that would never air the inauguration (Discovery, FX, or whatever). Lowers the Nielsen ratings. Not sure if it's true, but it makes sense.

I'll be working and praying that my insurance isn't about to jump from $100/mo. to $500/mo. It's truly the saddest day for America in my lifetime.

I've read this, too.  No idea if it holds water, but I'll keep my TV on SyFy or something the whole day.

I've read this, too.  No idea if it holds water, but I'll keep my TV on SyFy or something the whole day.

Unless you guys are Nielsen households, your viewing habits don't affect Nielsen ratings. There's only 40,000 Nielsen households. Save your energy bills and turn your TV off.

http://www.snopes.com/change-channel-on-inauguration/

Nothing special happening for me on Friday but on Saturday I'm taking the family for a march in the Loop.

More than likely we will be up there, too. We will  train in and  probably just watch, not sure I want to march with 5 and 7 yr. old, in case there are some issues. But I would like them to see the process.

Ditto here in Denver. Friday I'll be drinking White Russians in honor of the new "president".

Never had a White Russian, but Friday sounds like a great time to try one...

I'll catch the highlights of the events on the news Friday night.

And the childish bitter inner me is hoping for some strong swirling winds during the actual swearing in.

I hope you don't catch highlights from fake news outlets, like CNN.

Ditto here in Denver. Friday I'll be drinking White Russians in honor of the new "president".

This sounds like a plan I can get behind. And in the interest of inclusivity, some Black Russians should be consumed as well. :thumbup

More than likely we will be up there, too. We will  train in and  probably just watch, not sure I want to march with 5 and 7 yr. old, in case there are some issues. But I would like them to see the process.

Never had a White Russian, but Friday sounds like a great time to try one...

I love that you are teaching your children about ALL the facets of a democracy, including the necessity of sometimes resisting those in power. Those babies are our future!

I'll catch the highlights of the events on the news Friday night.

And the childish bitter inner me is hoping for some strong swirling winds during the actual swearing in.

Perhaps a smallish hurricane will oblige us.

I hope you don't catch highlights from fake news outlets, like CNN.

FAKE POST! :lol

I'll be working, but I wouldn't watch it anyway. Just too depressing.

I'm taking my girls to the Women's March in Hartford on Saturday.

I think Sunday is going to find a lot of us footsore but proud of ourselves. History will smile on these marches that represent the real majority. I want to hear your experiences later...I'll post a post-march thread later so we can talk about how it went.

One more thought, with The Residents in mind....I think I'll refer to this new guy without the opening letters of his inaugural title. Makes a good deal more sense to me....not "President Trump", but Resident Rump.

Now let's see how quickly we can remove him from the Residence.