• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me doesn't even wanna try for Atlanta cos the last time they played the fox it was a nightmare getting tickets.

Might opt for Birmingham instead cos it's not as busy of a market for the Wilcos. I guess we'll see.

I can tell you the Irving music Factory will be a challenge to get good seats too. That LN venue offers PCL licensing as well as VIP ticket bank options so a lot of the choice seats will not be made available until August 5th when the PCL licensing closes.

This is a new venue and the first show will not be until Labor day.  There are two seating options for this venue, one is open air 8000 GA floor and lawn with a small 200 and a bit larger 300 reserved.  The other is closed venue 4000 with reserved seats on the floor with a small 200 section and a lager 300 section layout.  I'm thinking Wilco in this market will opt for the smaller reserved layout. Especially because it's in early October when the temperature can still be hotter then hell. 

I'm hoping for more dates after Asheville. The drive is only 4 1/2 hours but if they announce Raleigh / Durham after I got tickets to Asheville my wife would kill me. That and I'm going to Asheville a month later to see Slowdive. Not sure she'd be on board with all that...

I might pass.  Every time I've seen Wilco at the Fox in Atlanta I was surrounded on all sides by people that wouldn't STFU for two seconds and clearly had no interest in anything the band were playing.  I don't know if I can take any more of that.

I might pass.  Every time I've seen Wilco at the Fox in Atlanta I was surrounded on all sides by people that wouldn't STFU for two seconds and clearly had no interest in anything the band were playing.  I don't know if I can take any more of that.

This. The talkers were super discouraging last time they were at the Fox.

Atlanta crowds seem to be more and more about socializing and less about experiencing the actual show. There was a doofus in front of us at Radiohead back in April that would not shut up about his condo's mortgage rate for 2 or 3 whole songs. Eventually my sister tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to STFU or take his conversation elsewhere because he was talking over the band. The rest of the show he shut up. Super dumb. 

I think I'm going to try for tickets for B'ham, ATL, and Asheville, but I'm only gonna pull the trigger if I get good seats. I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of rude, drunk, asshat doofuses. 

This. The talkers were super discouraging last time they were at the Fox.

Atlanta crowds seem to be more and more about socializing and less about experiencing the actual show. There was a doofus in front of us at Radiohead back in April that would not shut up about his condo's mortgage rate for 2 or 3 whole songs. Eventually my sister tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to STFU or take his conversation elsewhere because he was talking over the band. The rest of the show he shut up. Super dumb. 

I think I'm going to try for tickets for B'ham, ATL, and Asheville, but I'm only gonna pull the trigger if I get good seats. I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of rude, drunk, asshat doofuses. 

The only thing about your run in with the guy at Radiohead that I haven't experienced is that he actually shut up.  In my experience, they try to act like they're in the right and I'm the bad guy.

My wife and I like to see bands in different cities, and we've noticed better behavior elsewhere, every time, without exception.  We were behind some loud talkers at a Wilco show in Des Moines several years ago.  Someone next to us asked them to stop talking so much and they apologized and shut up. I've never seen anything like that in Atlanta.  Frankly, I think that's the downside of so-called Southern Hospitality: you're a jerk if you refuse to let others walk all over you.

I'm not saying people shouldn't talk at all.  That would be unreasonable, and I wouldn't obey that rule if it were in place.  But some people take things to extremes and have no consideration for others.

I'll close by saying this:  The quiet parts in the songs are there for a reason and are just as interesting and entertaining as the loud parts.  Often more interesting.  Wilco would not be anywhere near as good of a band if they were loud all the time.  I wish people wouldn't use the quiet parts as an invitation to ignore the music and start yakking. That's gotta be frustrating as hell for musicians who are trying to use all of the musical tools at their disposal to present a quality show.   Can you imagine the outrage if people did this at movies?  Only paying attention during the car chase or shootout, and talking during the rest of the film?

Sorry for the rant.  I hope everyone gets great tickets!     

The only thing about your run in with the guy at Radiohead that I haven't experienced is that he actually shut up.  In my experience, they try to act like they're in the right and I'm the bad guy.

My wife and I like to see bands in different cities, and we've noticed better behavior elsewhere, every time, without exception.  We were behind some loud talkers at a Wilco show in Des Moines several years ago.  Someone next to us asked them to stop talking so much and they apologized and shut up. I've never seen anything like that in Atlanta.  Frankly, I think that's the downside of so-called Southern Hospitality: you're a jerk if you refuse to let others walk all over you.

I'm not saying people shouldn't talk at all.  That would be unreasonable, and I wouldn't obey that rule if it were in place.  But some people take things to extremes and have no consideration for others.

I'll close by saying this:  The quiet parts in the songs are there for a reason and are just as interesting and entertaining as the loud parts.  Often more interesting.  Wilco would not be anywhere near as good of a band if they were loud all the time.  I wish people wouldn't use the quiet parts as an invitation to ignore the music and start yakking. That's gotta be frustrating as hell for musicians who are trying to use all of the musical tools at their disposal to present a quality show.   Can you imagine the outrage if people did this at movies?  Only paying attention during the car chase or shootout, and talking during the rest of the film?

Sorry for the rant.  I hope everyone gets great tickets!     

Very true. I think the guy shut up mostly cos my sister had a very angry look on her face too. She was pissed. 

And yeah, I've noticed that it's worse in ATL too than other spots for sure. I think it has a lot to do with the venue too. The shows back in 2016 at the Tabernacle were fairly well behaved where I was. 

Are you considering any of the other shows this tour? 

And yeah, I've noticed that it's worse in ATL too than other spots for sure. I think it has a lot to do with the venue too. The shows back in 2016 at the Tabernacle were fairly well behaved where I was. 

Are you considering any of the other shows this tour? 

Yeah, we saw the Tabernacle show on night two, and the audience was great.  It probably helped that we were on the front row of the balcony.

Memphis and Asheville are both tempting, but we have a trip to Badlands in September and my wife is going to Florida later in October, so we probably won't leave town again this year.