You're gonna flip, Dr. Lee, Ph D.

I have yet to read any of those 33 1/3 books. I used to see them at Tower and there is one copy of the one for DJ Shadow's 'Endtroducing' I always see at the Barnes& Noble by work. If this is as good as I think it will, i'll have to nab that one and the one that the Decemberist dude did on the Mats.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is as good as I think it will, i'll have to nab that one and the one that the Decemberist dude did on the Mats.

33 1/3 series exchange program? I've got the Meloy book on Let it Be and would be willing to do a temporary trade deal when you're ready. I'd also love to read the Costello and Neutral Milk Hotel titles, but my library systems don't have them. Fuckers.

33 1/3 series exchange program? I've got the Meloy book on Let it Be and would be willing to do a temporary trade deal when you're ready. I'd also love to read the Costello and Neutral Milk Hotel titles, but my library systems don't have them. Fuckers.

I just finished Bill Janovitz's (from Buffalo Tom) book on Exile on Main Street. I read it on my bus/subway commute while listening to Exile on my ipod. I thought it was great - but also important to be listening to it. He makes a lot of very specific references to moments of each song that would be confusing (or not as interesting) without actually listening to it.

I just finished Bill Janovitz's (from Buffalo Tom) book on Exile on Main Street. I read it on my bus/subway commute while listening to Exile on my ipod. I thought it was great - but also important to be listening to it. He makes a lot of very specific references to moments of each song that would be confusing (or not as interesting) without actually listening to it.

This is awesome. :cheers

Did you go to the reading/concert he had in Newton? It was outstanding! First he read from the book, then he played some of the tunes. It was one of my favorite readings ever.

I'm also a huge fan of the 33 1/3 series. I got the Neutral Milk Hotel one for my birthday but haven't read it yet. Only the Jeff Buckley one has disappointed me so far..

200px-Dharma_bums.gif

Did this guy turn anyone else's world around?

I can't get enough of him.

:cheers I was lucky enough to read On The Road when I was 16 and it really changed my life. I love Dharma Bums too.

I'm reading

hessesteppenwolfabol.jpg

for the 8th or 9th time. Such a great book.

Oh man, that sounds cool. Considering Paul's Boutique is one of those albums I could just dissect and go over piece by piece, sample by sample...I hope for a similair experience.

ction, that sounds like an interesting idea...

This is awesome. :cheers

Did you go to the reading/concert he had in Newton? It was outstanding! First he read from the book, then he played some of the tunes. It was one of my favorite readings ever.

I did not - although I did download it from his site.

He has been playing a residency in Cambridge (Wednesday nights at the Lizard Lounge) with Crown Victoria, and tomorrow night is the last night. I have gone to a few of them and they are great. He plays some Crown Vic stuff and a bunch of covers, including several Stones songs from Exile.

The-Phantom_Tollbooth-HB.jpg

Every year since about 5th grade, I've read this book the day before school starts. I guess it's my own way of making sure I don't grow up too fast, or something.

Plus, this is probably the most imaginative book ever written, and it makes me feel all sorts of happy inside.

I read this book to my 5th graders every year. Excellent book, indeed.

I read this book to my 5th graders every year. Excellent book, indeed.

I talked to someone for about a half an hour about why that is one of the great books of all time the other day.

I need to get some stuff to read up in my dorm. All I have are my textbooks.

1565115236.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This book is great fun. Since it's almost entirely comprised of word-for-word interview material, it's easy to get caught up in its rhythm of quick, fascinating backstage stories.

that description alone would have turned me off

Yea, not my cup of tea, really, but my brother highly, highly recommended it so I thought I'd give it a try. At the moment, just too.....British.

:hmm

0140094520.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

OMG Rich! If this is anything like the books of HST letters,I need to grab this up pronto!