n145772.jpg
  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actualair.jpg

david berman and i are on the same page. this book is FILLED with great lines, and new perspectives. its the catchiest poetry ive ever read. anyone that loves silver jews has to check this out.

Edited by JesusEtc

I've been reading amazing reviews for the new Cormac McCarthy book, The Crossing....but it looks pretty desolate and depressing (though cannabalism after the apocalypse could be a hoot!). Anyone read it and recommend?

High School Confidential by Jeremy Iversen.

It's really good so far, although I don't really understand what he is going for. I can't tell if it is a serious look at the high school culture at the turn of the century, or if it is an overdramatized soap opera. It tends to be both at the same time, probably because they aren't mutually exclusive. And having just graduated from High school ( a year after his The characters are all very realistic though, and don't tend to fall into the same old "high school archetypes" that we are used to. Instead of the "jock", and the "nerd", etc., you have series of realistic groups that the students gravitate towards (which, coincidenally, almost exactly shadow the afformentioned archetypes.)

Edited by bobbob1313

Catch a Wave: The Rise, Fall, and Redemption of the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson

John Bonham: The Powerhouse Behind Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath: Doom Let Loose: An Illustrated History

Conversations With Tom Petty