Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh! how the hell did my embarrassing recount of the night wind up on wilcobase!? :unsure

Google Knows All (about 5 links down from the top)

Well, I was posting the setlist from the '05 show... (I figured the setlist was aged appropriately and was finally ready to post) ... and I was looking for a link to the Second City site to kinda explain what the Letters To Santa thing was all about. I didn't find that, but I did find your blog post. :D

We'll have to figure out how to get our stuff posted by these guys.... once we can all agree on exactly what we played. :ermm

Just drop me an e-mail to feedback@wilcobase.com and I'll get your setlist posted. If you want, I'll link any photos you want as well. Just include links for the photo pages.

I promise it won't take a year to get posted like last years show.

Google Knows All (about 5 links down from the top)

Well, I was posting the setlist from the '05 show... (I figured the setlist was aged appropriately and was finally ready to post) ... and I was looking for a link to the Second City site to kinda explain what the Letters To Santa thing was all about. I didn't find that, but I did find your blog post. :D

:lol good old google...kind of scary to think what that site will be able to do in 20 years

Just drop me an e-mail to feedback@wilcobase.com and I'll get your setlist posted. If you want, I'll link any photos you want as well. Just include links for the photo pages.

I promise it won't take a year to get posted like last years show.

Rob, I will do that ... and, trust me, we have some great pictures. :yay Check out our thread (1/28/06) elsewhere on this site, for a preview. Morgan, this is one reason why I don't keep a blog. :no

There were few VCers at this NW suburban show. Needless to say it was fantastic, with Jeff playing with the Wilco Ensemble from the Old Town School and frankly he couldn't have been happier. I figure it is up to someone else to start this post, but seeing him in front of a reasonable audience and seeing him play with people who's major love is music (rather than alcohol and talking) was overwhelming.

LouieB

Dude, I know this thread isn't the place for it, but can you drop the "high and mighty" bit? Seriously, we get it you don't like people drinking at a concert. Well, guess what? It's going to happen. I don't know how it was in the good old days, but I would be disapointed if a crowd was completely silent during a show. I'd bet 99% of people who go to Wilco and Tweedy shows are there for the music, but they are also there for the atmosphere. If I just wanted to hear the songs, I'd listen to the cd's. I go to shows so I can experience the music with other people and interact with the artist.

Rant over. Sorry.

Dude, I know this thread isn't the place for it, but can you drop the "high and mighty" bit? Seriously, we get it you don't like people drinking at a concert. Well, guess what? It's going to happen.
Dude I KNOW people are going to drink at bars and at shows and I have said repeatedly that I don't expect silence at shows, in fact silence would be creepy too. (there are times I find the OTS shows creepy for that reason.) There is a pretty fine, but at the same time obvious, line between respectfully interacting with a performer and hassling the living shit out of them. Hell I yell requests too and make comments to Jeff on the stage between songs, cheer generally when appropriate, etc., but I don't scream over and over and over and when he starts playing I shut the fuck up.

I know I am an old fart about this, but the fact remains, we get precious few opportunties to see Jeff in a club like the Abbey anymore and he clearly felt like things were out of control. Jeff clearly stated that he feels like people are coming to shows not for the music necessarily, but for the novelty. While that isn't super harsh, it is fairly damning none the less. No one expects a silent show. But I do think that Jeff does deserve some respect.

LouieB

Dude I KNOW people are going to drink at bars and at shows and I have said repeatedly that I don't expect silence at shows, in fact silence would be creepy too. (there are times I find the OTS shows creepy for that reason.) There is a pretty fine, but at the same time obvious, line between respectfully interacting with a performer and hassling the living shit out of them. Hell I yell requests too and make comments to Jeff on the stage between songs, cheer generally when appropriate, etc., but I don't scream over and over and over and when he starts playing I shut the fuck up.

I know I am an old fart about this, but the fact remains, we get precious few opportunties to see Jeff in a club like the Abbey anymore and he clearly felt like things were out of control. Jeff clearly stated that he feels like people are coming to shows not for the music necessarily, but for the novelty. While that isn't super harsh, it is fairly damning none the less. No one expects a silent show. But I do think that Jeff does deserve some respect.

LouieB

Fair enough, but fuck, give it a rest. It seems like every single thing you post nowadays has at least one reference to that show. We get it.

Fair enough, but fuck, give it a rest. It seems like every single thing you post nowadays has at least one reference to that show. We get it.
Actually I was done wit it, but you brought it up and I can't let a thing go...

LouieB

You need to learn to respect.

It's an internet forum. If I saw Louie in real life, i would give him nothing but the utmost respect. If you thought I was a 25 year old, it wouldn't make a difference, so whats the point?

It's an internet forum. If I saw Louie in real life, i would give him nothing but the utmost respect. If you thought I was a 25 year old, it wouldn't make a difference, so whats the point?
Just remember bobbob....don't drink to excess when you finally CAN drink. And if you do, do it in private..... :beer

There isn't anything wrong with getting loaded occasionally, but most of the time it turns out rather badly... :barf

LouieB

Just remember bobbob....don't drink to excess when you finally CAN drink. And if you do, do it in private..... :beer

There isn't anything wrong with getting loaded occasionally, but most of the time it turns out rather badly... :barf

LouieB

I can drink, and I choose not to. It's not hard at all to get drinks, but it's not my thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just wanted you to know the care packages will be in the mail very soon. A huge thanks to Chris Norton, Warner Swain & Jesse Hamm for their hard work :cheekkiss , and to everyone else who contributed pictures/clips :worship. I think you're all going to be pleasantly surprised!!

- Julie :)

Hi All,

Just wanted you to know the care packages will be in the mail very soon. A huge thanks to Chris Norton, Warner Swain & Jesse Hamm for their hard work :cheekkiss , and to everyone else who contributed pictures/clips :worship. I think you're all going to be pleasantly surprised!!

:w00t :w00t :w00t thanks guys! man oh man i cant wait...

Guest Laminated Kat
Hi All,

HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY!!!!!! Thank you.

I need to give you a different address though. i hope it's not too late.