Songs you didn't like on first hearing

Just curious.

When I first heard Hoodo Voodoo I couldn't stand it, then after Jeff played it solo in Denver at wonderful Gothic Theater, can't get enough of it, and usually singing very loudly while driving in the car. The other tune that didn't hit me right away but now love to death: I'm a Wheel. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9....

:thumbup

A lot of Summerteeth, actually. Forget the Flowers actually kept me from getting into Wilco for the longest time. I bought Being There when it came out, just after I'd turned 17, and thought the song was "too country." What can I say? I was a stupid kid.

Handshake Drugs; not that I didn't like it, but thought it was weird, pale, oblique, and so fourth, and didn't know "exactly what it wanted to be". The live version helped me appreciate it more, and now, I think the studio version is one of Wilco's most detailed, subtle outings.

which one?. i instally fell in love with the bonus disk version on YHF but still cant swallow the AGIB one to this day.

Most of Summerteeth,actually.I thought it was a little 'poppy' at first,but it grew on me to the point that I probably listen to it as much as any of the other records

im gonna say all of YHF except for heavy metal drummer which just clicked, walken at first which i now love... and im surprised by so many theologians the first time i heard it i was blown away after bein away from wilco for a bit and everyone else ive passed it onto felt the same way

Almost all of Summerteeth. First time I heard it, all I could think was "what the fuh???" But by the second spin, I pretty much got into most of it. We're Just Friends still gets skipped over.