Sunrise in my backyard this morning

:lol

Im getting a vague yet disturbing visual of Caliburton surrounded by assholes.

airport! We'll be in shoutin' distance of Providence -- what's for dinnah?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol

Im getting a vague yet disturbing visual of Caliburton surrounded by assholes.

airport! We'll be in shoutin' distance of Providence -- what's for dinnah?

I was thinking of picking something up at Whole Foods, since I'll be over there anyway, so probably some chicken tenders and garlic green beans. Or perhaps an adobo turkey chimichanga. You want some?

okay then, both questions/comments were absolutely appropriate and given at the appropriate time. i'm just crazy. no biggie, sorry.

Well, I certainly didn't say that.

It's certainly sad when anyone dies, in my opinion it's especially sad when a police officer dies in the line of duty. However, I was put off by the idea that the immigration status of the assailant was worth mentioning. It seemed a politically loaded comment.

For the record, this site suggests that illegal immigrants, especially Mexican immigrants, do not have a higher incarceration rate than American citizens in their peer groups (meaning age and gender--such immigrants are often young and male).

http://www.eriposte.com/civil_rights/non-c...ation.htm#CRIME

I originally held my tongue because I figured that can of worms needn't be opened, but now it seems appropriate.

I was thinking of picking something up at Whole Foods, since I'll be over there anyway, so probably some chicken tenders and garlic green beans. Or perhaps an adobo turkey chimichanga. You want some?

yes please.

However, I was put off by the idea that the immigration status of the assailant was worth mentioning. I

I originally held my tongue because I figured that can of worms needn't be opened, but now it seems appropriate.

agreed. We're all illegal immigrants as far as I can tell.

I am about to listen to the Rockford Files theme song again. For the 15th time in an hour.

that sounds soothing -- do you have Mannix too?

Dude, the question at the time seemed kind of insensitive, given the circumstances. That is, without some phrasing about how you were glad his friend was back or something like that. Without some comment like that, it seemed that you were implicating that the whole matter was no big deal.

However, there are people on here who have been insensitive, and other people have been lambasted for calling them out on it.

that's all i was saying, instead it was:

I guess I should have known better.

There are almost daily mortar-shelling attacks on the former Saddan Int'l Airport' date=' where he has been stationed for over 4 months, patching up our injured troops (and many Iraqis). Just to get lunch everyday someone in his group has to don full body armor and a rifle and sprint to another section of the base and back to the tent where they reside.

So yeah, it's been a real walk in the freakin park for the medical volunteers over there. Not sure about the mortality rate, but thanks for the post and the warm appreciative thoughts.[/quote']

What was the lunch exactly? I'd sprint in Kevlar for some Chipotle
do you have Mannix too?

I don't know. I will have to do some research...I've borrowed 4 cds full of TV tunes, so it would seem likely.

P.S. The cd I'm listening to now has the Dastardly and Muttley theme. My kid is going to be very excited to hear that.

What in the world is that thing in your avatar?

Mr. Snow (Freeze) Miser, an homage to ction.

P.S. How did the date with Mr. Greenjeans go?

P.S.S. My bachelor friends and I all have a "Island of Misfit Toys" Christmas party every year, it's a pretty good time. Hussy's and booze!!

Mr. Snow (Freeze) Miser, an homage to ction.

P.S. How did the date with Mr. Greenjeans go?

P.S.S. My bachelor friends and I all have a "Island of Misfit Toys" Christmas party every year, it's a pretty good time. Hussy's and booze!!

Ah. Makes sense.

P.S. Tomorrow night.

P.S.S. Can I come this year even though I'm not a hussy?

P.S. Tomorrow night.

Good luck! I'd suggest you pick up some really obscure piece of flora and quiz this dude, make sure he's on the up and up and all that.

P.S.S. Can I come this year even though I'm not a hussy?

Sure, once we finalize the details I'll give you the scoop. Of course being bachelors I can't really say when we'll have any confirmed plans. But you are more than welcome to attend.

Dude, the question at the time seemed kind of insensitive, given the circumstances. That is, without some phrasing about how you were glad his friend was back or something like that. Without some comment like that, it seemed that you were implicating that the whole matter was no big deal.

Only thing is, his friend wasn't back yet. He was to return in a few days and whatdisay was asking for "not-be-killed-in-iraq" prayers / vibes for that duration. Given the real risks many do actually suffer over in Iraq, my question was a legitimate one.

Did I hope his friend make it back in one piece? Of course.

Was I going to lose any sleep over the sheer dangers his friend would experience over the course of a couple of days from the time of the posting and him getting on the plane for the States? Not in the least.