new photos of Jeff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are incredible! i've been waiting for these because i know someone who worked with you that day. His name's Dan, i don't know his last name, but he works at my school now as a photo assistant thing. he's kind of strange. but i'm so glad they turned out so well, definitely adding these to my collection (i just LOVE the blackand white close up, great portrait.)
haha i wondered if erin had commented on this yet. i was down in the photo room like the first day this guy started there, and he kind of chuckled to himself when someone asked me what other artists ive taken pictures of at shows, and i answered jeff tweedy/wilco...i kind of gave him a look (i didnt really know who the hell he was at this point) and he was just like "no no, thats just funny, because i helped in a photo shoot of him last week!" it was very strange! anyway, i too have been waiting for these, and im so glad you shared them with us! these photos are truly amazing. good work! :thumbup

wow wow wow.

costume changes and everything! charles, these are fantastic.

i do like the bee shirt/guitar combo. :w00t

the pix of the silverbacks are stunning. :-O holy smokes.

Those snaps from Rwanda are drop dead gorgeous. As I paged through the set, I was struck dumb by the dignity and beauty that radiates from your subjects. They're really amazing, personal shots.

Those are some of the best Tweedy pics I've ever seen, too. This one:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3272/untitled1ex7.jpg

could be my all time favourite shot of the guy! (And I assure you I captured the image only for the sake of this comment; all apologies if that represents a transgression in your book.)

Exceptional stuff. You've been bookmarked!

Jeff looks so.... satisfied in these pictures. Incredible work; please share more :)

Thanks to all for the kind words. It was fun. I'm glad y'all feel I 'captured' Jeff. He was really easy to work with, I think he had fun. Lots of laughs.

Yeah, my assistant Dan worked out well. I didn't know him at all, called him from a list of assistants I had.

Let's see, there were a few questions up there... what do i shoot with? Canon DSLR. I favor very fast wides. Africa, what was that about? I went to shoot for a relief organization that is re-doing their whole 'look'. Basically, they just wanted beautiful shots of the people, not starving kids and whatnot. I was taken all over to various clinics and such. A week each in Rwanda and Ethiopia. There's some bad shit there. No running water and no electricity for the majority of people. Millions. We are seriously spoiled here. Even so, people seem happy, the kids are kids and act like kids everywhere, Ethiopian women are beautiful.

Some want more Tweedy pics. I've got tons more. Maybe I'll go in and do another edit and work a few up. Takes a lot of time though. Maybe in a month or so.

Again, thanks for the nice words. Gald you all like....

charles

Some want more Tweedy pics. I've got tons more. Maybe I'll go in and do another edit and work a few up. Takes a lot of time though. Maybe in a month or so.

charles

:wub Anything you can do is appreciated. Thanks so much for sharing your incredible work.

Great pics, and Jeff's looking healthy and spiffy.

It is benefit of pine therapy for sure my friends! Make time for the sniff for you also! Believe!

Recently, I had the pleasure of photographing Jeff in Chicago. Here's a few from that session. It was fun, I was with Jeff for about 1/2 a day. We shot in Millennium Park. Jeff was great fun, very cooperative. Lot

While the photos of Tweedy are lovely and natural (the b/w portrait is wonderful), the shots in Africa are magnificent. Such saturated color, and the suject matter (people and landscape) so gloriously photogenic.

Thank you so much for sharing your work. Amazing.