Jon Brion in Chicago

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Brion lied to me when he last performed in NYC and told us in the encore that he'd back soon.

Yes. I was there.

I remember clearly him saying just that ... but apparently Jon and I have different definitions of "soon". Oh well. I would definitely hit this show up if I were in Chicago, though.

He actually specified a month: June! I Xd out all of June in my calendar that year in happy anticipation.

He did come back in October, though. That's kind of Junish! :P

I'll be in Chicago. It appears people I know have bought the entire center section of the first 7 rows or so. Wheeee!

:monkey :w00t

Heehee. Ah, you quoted me too quickly -- I deleted my post when I realized we were talking about the Canal Room shows (where he said he'd be back soon, and so far has not returned) rather than the earlier Tonic shows, where he said he'd be back in June, and came back in October.

My head is spinning now, but I guess the fact that he didn't promise to return to Chicago should have told us something!

Oh, and Brianne, that "Jon Brion -- TONIGHT!" kept giving me heart palpitations while I was endlessly refreshing the page last night.

i wish someone would put up at least one song from Largo where he builds the tracks up one instrument at a time and loops them. i'll probably never get to see him in Cal, and i would love to see what this is even like. it was cool to see him backing Fiona at Largo on the DualDisc of her last album.

i believe one short clip on youtube shows Jon imitating Tom Waits singing Radiohead's Creep. pretty funny and dead on.

i wish someone would put up at least one song from Largo where he builds the tracks up one instrument at a time and loops them. i'll probably never get to see him in Cal, and i would love to see what this is even like. it was cool to see him backing Fiona at Largo on the DualDisc of her last album.

i believe one short clip on youtube shows Jon imitating Tom Waits singing Radiohead's Creep. pretty funny and dead on.

there's a really great website that has a ton of JB bootlegs...

Fairfax Avenue- A Jon Brion Fansite

the best set is from intonation, imo. the largo shows are great too...even though on some of them the sound quality isn't great.