Jeff Tweedy 02/17/2007

I KNEW it would be you to finally notice!

Although he did not perform, he did sing Happy Birthday to me.

OK, the more accurate wording would be "...he sportingly joined in when everyone sang Happy Birthday to me." :P

He didn't know my name, so when it got to the "happy birthday, dear ____" part, he just whistled instead.

OK, the more accurate wording would be "NO, he did not either do that, but I like the idea!"

aha, i knew it! the second i saw the picture my eye drifted to 'that guy', and i thought to myself hmm...maybe? possibly? nooo, id be an idiot to even mention it.. :lol

Wow. Just..., wow. Thank you all for the pics and reports. I know all of you have experienced LR shows before and had the times of your lives at them. Each one, I'm sure, is uniquely special but it seems to me like all of you are getting even better at enjoying the experience or at least that's my outside impression. I guess what I'm trying to say is the vibe I'm getting is that of a bunch of friends getting together for a party, knowing that one of the friends is going to show up with a guitar and his wife and blow the rest of you away with his understatedly transcendent talent. From the outside looking in, it seems pretty cool to me. :cheers
i'll :cheers to that..looks/sounds like you guys had a fantastic time! cant wait for news of the second/experiencing the third! :w00t
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the mysterious production of cupcakes.

:worship

for the record: i didn't get to try one of the cupcakes. i went to the table to the spot where the cupcakes had been earlier in the evening, but winston had gotten there before me. :ermm

also: have been singing "henry the eighth" for DAYS now.

"i'm her eighth old man, i'm hen-e-ry

henry the eighth i AM" :yay

Hopefully we (or rather, the rest of you because I didn't do any singing) don't completely destroy the boot. And on that note, let's just hope the boot turns out at all. I don't know anything about anything, but all of these problems are making me (more than) a little nervous. :hmm

me too, especially after reading this on Devin Davis' blog:

(I would however like to curse the name of Pro-Tools though.. as it

reliably froze every 5:08 into a record time.. making recording the

show somewhat of a nightmare.. but alas.. )

That's all for now-Devin

:hmm indeed.

oh that really blows. sorry guys.

i'm not sad, it's not really something that's going to translate to the "Nakamichi CM700/CP701's > Sound Devices MP-2 > blah blah ADC-20(@48kHz) > D8; Sony DTC-60ES > (coax) M-Audio FireWire410 > SoundForge 8.0 (Normalized, fades, resampled 48>44.1kHz) > CDwav 1.71 (tracked) > FLAC (Level 8)" crowd anyways.

i'm not sad, it's not really something that's doing to translate to the "Nakamichi CM700/CP701's > Sound Devices MP-2 > blah blah ADC-20(@48kHz) > D8; Sony DTC-60ES > (coax) M-Audio FireWire410 > SoundForge 8.0 (Normalized, fades, resampled 48>44.1kHz) > CDwav 1.71 (tracked) > FLAC (Level 8)" crowd anyways.

Yah, I hear ya; like catching lightning in a bottle. Still sucks though :no

i'm not sad, it's not really something that's doing to translate to the "Nakamichi CM700/CP701's > Sound Devices MP-2 > blah blah ADC-20(@48kHz) > D8; Sony DTC-60ES > (coax) M-Audio FireWire410 > SoundForge 8.0 (Normalized, fades, resampled 48>44.1kHz) > CDwav 1.71 (tracked) > FLAC (Level 8)" crowd anyways.

:lol

:blink

:o

:ohwell

"I made a huge mistake"

George Oscar "G.O.B." Bluth II - Arrested Development

dang. i thought it looked like him but didn't want to appear stupid!

nice catch, w! :D

Yah, I hear ya; like catching lightning in a bottle. Still sucks though :no

who knows. if even just a few tracks are salvageable, it doesn't really suck at all. as sam says, the translation is never quite all the way there, and this year without all the PA and amp'ed up system who knows how a recording will sound. I'm not really bummed if it doesn't work. the first show wasn't taped (in hindsight, for our protection, a VERY good thing) and it doesn't take away the experience or the memories.

ah well. we shall see!

Hey guys, sounds like you had an amazing time and what a setlist. I was wondering if he made a specific point not to play any of the new tunes off the record, or if it was a simple matter of your requests or....? Congrats on a great experience.

Hey guys, sounds like you had an amazing time and what a setlist. I was wondering if he made a specific point not to play any of the new tunes off the record, or if it was a simple matter of your requests or....? Congrats on a great experience.

The entire setlist was all requests. He didn't rule out anything except songs he thought he couldn't play (like for example Corduroy Cut-Off Girl, which we just went ahead and sang ourselves once he was finished. Nyah).

The entire setlist was all requests. He didn't rule out anything except songs he thought he couldn't play (like for example Corduroy Cut-Off Girl, which we just went ahead and sang ourselves once he was finished. Nyah).

Gotcha. Thanks for the response.