Jeff Tweedy 02/17/2007

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say that this was the experience of a lifetime and that i cannot begin to express my thanks to EVERYONE in the group, & to Susan and Jeff, for doing all that went into making the experience SO amazing for all involved.

and yes, jeff was playing around with walk on for a few during the pee break - definitely not a performance of the song, just a bit of riffing and running through but still great to hear.

i have to say that this was the experience of a lifetime and that i cannot begin to express my thanks to EVERYONE in the group, & to Susan and Jeff, for doing all that went into making the experience SO amazing for all involved.

and yes, jeff was playing around with walk on for a few during the pee break - definitely not a performance of the song, just a bit of riffing and running through but still great to hear.

glad you made it home safely. It was great seeing you again.

here's a couple photos of you guys, rockin out.

5maj14.jpg

5maj1.jpg

Dreamin' Judy's babygirl is precious! Oh, my.

I have seen two pictures of Jeff holding VCers babies, and he just looks smitten in both pictures.

Great set of tunes and all like a hootenanny. So happy for your fun! :wub

I have lots of other pictures (most of them blurry), but this was hands down the photo op of the night:

DSC05969x.jpg

That's an awfully nice picture! Whatta cutie! Sounds like you guys had a real special evening. :cheers

I just read this whole thread. All I can say is wow! Jeff & Sue, you are truly an amazing couple. I just want to thank you for doin' what you do!

And Judy, that kid of yours...all I can say is it makes me pine for when my daughter was wee (she's 16 now).

Absolutely adorable. :wub

Wow. Just..., wow. Thank you all for the pics and reports. I know all of you have experienced LR shows before and had the times of your lives at them. Each one, I'm sure, is uniquely special but it seems to me like all of you are getting even better at enjoying the experience or at least that's my outside impression. I guess what I'm trying to say is the vibe I'm getting is that of a bunch of friends getting together for a party, knowing that one of the friends is going to show up with a guitar and his wife and blow the rest of you away with his understatedly transcendent talent. From the outside looking in, it seems pretty cool to me. :cheers

We've been talking about the fact that there was a particularly sunshiney chemistry at this one. Someone said Susan mentioned it, too. I don't know what elements melded to make it happen so perfectly (having it in the same comfy basement every year? a puppy and a beautiful baby on the premises? alison's amazing macaroni & cheese?), I just know I'm grateful to be a part of it.

Jeff is doing three shows for a total of 90 people -- this is just the first thirty.

Since you mentioned it, and I was interested myself: 53% of our group has seen shows all three years they've been in existence, 30% have seen two, and the remaining saw their first basement show on Saturday.

It's a charity auction (someone will be kind enough to post a link I'm sure), and the way to get involved is pretty simple -- get thirty people together, raise as much money as you can, and win the auction!

-Stand By Me [ben E. King] (Five Man Acoustical Jam: Jeff Tweedy, Martin Rivas, Dave Mirabella, Adam Fitz and Devin Davis on guitar)

You know, this song was probably the first honest-to-goodness favorite song I ever had, dating back to when I was five or six years old. I first heard it at a party, and then found out my parents had a record with the song on it. I played it nonstop, and I still love it. So hearing it on Saturday night at another party, performed by the FMAJ, was pretty damn special.

I don't have much to say that's unique right now - just echoing everyone else's sentiments. I feel truly honored to be friends with such a great group of people. Thanks to S n S for always making me feel like I have another home in Chicago, to Jeff and Susan for always being so incredibly generous, and to everyone else for food, company, dancing, laughing, more music, etc. The evening wouldn't have been the same without every single person. (Even those who couldn't stay for the whole night.)

Oh, and I am totally craving pierogies for lunch today. Damn you, Walrus.

I have lots of other pictures (most of them blurry), but this was hands down the photo op of the night:

DSC05969x.jpg

I guess my secret is out. Now you know that refusing to drink from a bottle was just a ploy to stay up past my bedtime and meet Jeff. Artificial nipples are for suckas! :dancing

(Special thanks to Daddy for driving me around the streets of Chicago so that I could sleep in my carseat between meals.)