Favorite Sky Blue Sky Song

There's obviously a lot of good stuff here...a nice return to classic rock done right by way of the Beatles, the Band, and whoever else you guys hear throughout the CD.

But if you could choose just one song...?

I'd have to go You Are My Face, personally. But this is a gametime decision and will no doubt change after a dozen or so full album listens (I'm at about 6 since Saturday)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three heavies for me are Impossible Germany, I Hate It Here and amazingly, On and On and On, which I thought was terrible in its earliest live incarnation. The guys really worked it over something fierce in the studio.

The next tier for me is made up of Side with the Seeds, You Are My Face, the title cut and Please Be Patient.

The other songs I like-don't-love or don't quite like at all.

a fan of the quieter stuff, eh?

Yeah, for some reason that's the stuff that's grabbed me this time around. Probably because I'd been listening to a lot of Tweedy acoustic shows the last couple of weeks. I need to listen to side one of Being There and then spin this thing and see if I can get as excited about Hate it Here.

Edit: Shit I just realized my favorite song on Side One of Being There is Far, Far Away. I guess I have a softer side, I still windmill along during I'm a Wheel, scream along with Kingpin, and my favorite Uncle Tupelo song is We've Been Had.

--Mike

a friend of mine noted how the quieter songs on this CD (namely SBS and Please Be Patient w/ Me) would fit right in on Being There Disc 2 or vice versa. I'd have to agree, though the whole of the Sky Blue Sky album is much more complex in its composition and songwriting - a little less folk and a little more jazz.

"You Are My Face" is at the top for me now... followed very closely by "Side With the Seeds," "Hate it Here," "On and On and On," and of course "Impossible Germany" mainly for the Nels part! (But Jeff does a great job too!!!) :D

Guest tandylacker

Side With the Seeds, Hate It Here, On and On and On.

Man I like this CD. I am really happy there are no akward parts like the 9 minutes or however long of noise after Less Than You Think and no 10 minute Spiders song. I am glad I can just listen to the CD and not be like, 'Oh, got to press skip forward, this goes on like this for a while.'

I thought I would really hate this CD, but this is exactly the kind of music I have been looking for.

even though it may sound like muzak to some people, I like Leave Me Like You Found Me the best currently - just really beautiful - no one tries to overshadow anyone else on that tune - they play great as a cohesive unit - gorgeous bass line as well

i cannot wait...my friend is burning me it tommorow. i'll buy it, don't worry.

i'd like to reintroduce myself...

even though it may sound like muzak to some people, I like Leave Me Like You Found Me the best currently - just really beautiful - no one tries to overshadow anyone else on that tune - they play great as a cohesive unit - gorgeous bass line as well

Me too, that song is great. What Light is amazing as well.