Rank the Wilco albums

you got the first one right - the rest should be

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

There's no way in hell I'm going back to read all of this gibberish, but I thought we had a ruling for you people in the Southern Hemisphere. I think for you Mr. Dundee it's supposed to be:

SBS

AGIB

YHF

ST

BT

AM

You're welcome.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

There's no way in hell I'm going back to read all of this gibberish, but I thought we had a ruling for you people in the Southern Hemisphere. I think for you Mr. Dundee it's supposed to be:

SBS

AGIB

YHF

ST

BT

AM

You're welcome.

:lol

Oh, I see. Just because Woody makes it his manifesto, you all go along with it? If he told you to jump in an ocean full of jellyfish would you do that too?

Oh, I see. Just because Woody makes it his manifesto, you all go along with it? If he told you to jump in an ocean full of jellyfish would you do that too?

Yes. I'd do whatever his undead zombie ass said. :omg

Do you mean that he's still dead and that I can relax?

I knew what you meant! I can read altered posted images! Ha ha ha! :D

It seems as though I may be delusional regarding my wit.

this is going to be a shocker, but I recently decided SBS is the best album experience start to finish

1. Sky Blue Sky

2. A Ghost Is Born

3. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

4. Being There

5. Summerteeth

6. AM

I would fight to the death to defend your freedom to express such a profoundly wrong opinion.

Is it because an unwelcome guest is providing comic relief at his expense?

i have no idea what that means. i think pancakes just meant the other dude was wrong.

Ha ha! I was replying to m. christine and didn't quote because I though I'd get in right after. I'm starting to become apoplectic because I can't stop laughing. this is a great thread.

this is going to be a shocker, but I recently decided SBS is the best album experience start to finish

1. Sky Blue Sky

2. A Ghost Is Born

3. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

4. Being There

5. Summerteeth

6. AM

I tried to go back and re-read this thread, but gave up after 4 or 5 pages of the whole chronological order angle (funny @ first, but, geez!). Is the general consensus here to rank Summerteeth so low? It might be tops for me. Here, let me try.

1. Summerteeth

2. YHF

3. Being There

3a. Mermaid Avenue 2 (Secret of the Sea alone gets this pretty high)

3b. Kicking Television

4. SBS

5. A Ghost is Born (boy, I love it, hard to believe it's 5th on my list)

5a. Mermaid Avenue 1

6. AM

I hope my inclusion of the Mermaid Avenues and Kicking Television isn't too much a violation of protocol. ;)

I tried to go back and re-read this thread, but gave up after 4 or 5 pages of the whole chronological order angle (funny @ first, but, geez!). Is the general consensus here to rank Summerteeth so low? It might be tops for me. Here, let me try.

1. Summerteeth

2. YHF

3. Being There

3a. Mermaid Avenue 2 (Secret of the Sea alone gets this pretty high)

3b. Kicking Television

4. SBS

5. A Ghost is Born (boy, I love it, hard to believe it's 5th on my list)

5a. Mermaid Avenue 1

6. AM

I hope my inclusion of the Mermaid Avenues and Kicking Television isn't too much a violation of protocol. ;)

I have quit the board and don't post here anymore, so I am not able to tell you that the quoted post belongs in a different thread than this one.

I have never ranked them. It is a difficult endeavor. at this exact moment in time, here's my answer:

Kicking Television (because it a retrospective type-thing)

Summerteeth

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Being There

Mermaid Avenue/Mermaid Avenue 2 (I see it as one album, even though it isn't)

AM

Sky Blue Sky

A Ghost Is Born

Mermaid Avenue 2

The above list is complete bullshit. I disown it. For me, it honestly can't be done. If I had the proverbial gun to my head, I'd just say albums because their is no way the coercer could know if it's bullshit or not. I honestly see all of the albums as equally stellar. It is a lateral difference to me, not a hierarchical one. This isn't a cop out. This is sincerely how I view the Wilco canon.